Apr 18, 2024, 03:47 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The 13 Year Old Doctors TARDIS

Started by The 14 Year Old Doctor, Jul 22, 2021, 03:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Quote from: alextheyellowthing on Aug 04, 2021, 11:38 amThe shape of your consol is a but un usual, it kinda makes me think of the secondary consol room from the 4rth doctor's eara.
Now that i think of it, with time rotor going to the celling, it would look nice
It's a cool first shot i i hope to see more consols from you in the future, with, maybe, bigger scales
i made that way becuase i dont always want it out so sometimes i want to put it in my closet,so it needed to be able to fit into my closet thats why its a bit of a weird shape!

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Quote from: redfern on Aug 04, 2021, 12:56 pmWhat brings a smile to my face is the availability of components we older farts (ages 50 and up) could only have fantasized in our youths, specifically laptops and "tablets" that can play video media for dynamic, operative screens.

Example, as a kid around 1975, I had a model kit of the starship Enterprise control bridge (from Star Trek just to clarify).  I imagined what it would be like to have a miniature TV serve as the main view screen.  I knew the technology existed as it was used for the commlock props in "Space: 1999".  (The "guts" came from a a high end Sony device.)  Of course, such electronics would have been a challenge for the average middle income adult to caquire, let alone a child.

Fast forward to the "recent past" that allowed us affordable laptops and closer to the present the thin slabs that are "smart phones", arguably cheap enough that a parent can offer one to their kid.  Such technology was still just the realm of sci-fi when I was your age, and now children can employ such devices as part of their casual roleplay (simply called "let's pretend" when I was your age).

What an age in which we live!

Sincerely,

Bill
is this it?
7eecc909e4b964434128d4ae985fa6f8.jpg

The 14 Year Old Doctor

these are few thing i wanted to show to the website, ive got a tardis door which is made up of cardbard, paper, duct tape, and a little bit of craft foam and paint of course.
IMG_8220_23.jpg
this is the camera ill be using for my fan films
IMG_8222_23.jpg
and this is my tardis key
IMG_8223_1_23.jpg

redfern

Yup, that's the kit.

Did you build the one in that photo?  If so, your skills are far better than mine!

Sincerely,

Bill

Angelus Lupus

I'm reminded of another build I've seen on here - and the console that I thought it looked like: https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=9135.msg125105#msg125105

Making a steep-sided console is perfectly acceptable if you haven't yet mastered the dimensional engineering necessary to make your room bigger on the inside! ;D

By the way, I like your Tardis door, I'm always impressed people can make things like that out of simple things like cardboard!
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Quote from: redfern on Aug 04, 2021, 03:12 pmYup, that's the kit.

Did you build the one in that photo?  If so, your skills are far better than mine!

Sincerely,

Bill
no i did not, i simply used your description and looked it up!

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Aug 04, 2021, 05:17 pm #21 Last Edit: Aug 04, 2021, 05:24 pm by The 13 Year Old Doctor
Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Aug 04, 2021, 04:08 pmI'm reminded of another build I've seen on here - and the console that I thought it looked like: https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=9135.msg125105#msg125105

Making a steep-sided console is perfectly acceptable if you haven't yet mastered the dimensional engineering necessary to make your room bigger on the inside! ;D

By the way, I like your Tardis door, I'm always impressed people can make things like that out of simple things like cardboard!
thank you!!! i wish i had mastered it!!!
also that is similar to mine!!!

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Painted a few things today not much change.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The 14 Year Old Doctor

made some progress today! i put some led strips through the time rotor so it looks a little bit better i also worked alot on the tech side of things, i put a speaker underneath the panels (inside) and plugged that in so it can charge while being used,the speakers connected to the ipad mini which is playing a video that also has ambient engine noises that and the right moniter and the laptop are playing a different tardis screen and i have my nitnedo switch with youtube on it so i can play it on the left moniter too, THANK YOU BIODOCTOR900, i also put a weather predicting thingy in the bottome of the time rotor, so yeah thats what i did!!!
DSC_4345_23.jpgDSC_4346_23.jpgDSC_4348_23.jpgDSC_4349_23.jpg

Volpone

The phone.  So jealous.  When I was 18 I had a $9.99 red phone from Radio Shack that would be perfect for a TARDIS console, but it went to Goodwill (or somewhere) decades ago.  The LED strip works really well in the time rotor.  And I like the...node...about midway up.  The cups are kind of a nice nod to the classic series roundels--like, stack up a bunch of roundels and you've got a wall.  Stack up a bunch of cups and you've got a time rotor. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Jade

I really like that time rotor. Still haven't worked out what I'm going to do for mine yet (long wat to go first) but I may take some ideas from yours.

Jade

Quote from: Volpone on Aug 07, 2021, 05:11 amThe phone.  So jealous.  When I was 18 I had a $9.99 red phone from Radio Shack that would be perfect for a TARDIS console, but it went to Goodwill (or somewhere) decades ago.  The LED strip works really well in the time rotor.  And I like the...node...about midway up.  The cups are kind of a nice nod to the classic series roundels--like, stack up a bunch of roundels and you've got a wall.  Stack up a bunch of cups and you've got a time rotor. 

I know what you mean. I had a black phone similar to the one here but more blockish. Would have been perfect. And I only threw it away around two years ago.

Volpone

Quote from: Jade on Aug 07, 2021, 10:13 am
Quote from: Volpone on Aug 07, 2021, 05:11 amThe phone.  So jealous.  When I was 18 I had a $9.99 red phone from Radio Shack that would be perfect for a TARDIS console, but it went to Goodwill (or somewhere) decades ago.  The LED strip works really well in the time rotor.  And I like the...node...about midway up.  The cups are kind of a nice nod to the classic series roundels--like, stack up a bunch of roundels and you've got a wall.  Stack up a bunch of cups and you've got a time rotor. 

I know what you mean. I had a black phone similar to the one here but more blockish. Would have been perfect. And I only threw it away around two years ago.
Yep.  Mine had a very '80s blockiness to it.  And it was this cheap plastic like they made the old Transformers out of.  It was "princess" style, so the buttons were on the inside face of the handset, between the mouth and earpieces.  So was the...hang-up button, so you could just lay it down on a counter to hang it up.  It just had a flimsy little bracket so you could mount it on a wall.  I'd pay good money for a phone like that for a TARDIS console but you literally cannot buy one these days.  Best you could hope for is to maybe find one on the junk electronics shelf at a thrift store. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Quote from: Volpone on Aug 07, 2021, 03:52 pm
Quote from: Jade on Aug 07, 2021, 10:13 am

Yep.  Mine had a very '80s blockiness to it.  And it was this cheap plastic like they made the old Transformers out of.  It was "princess" style, so the buttons were on the inside face of the handset, between the mouth and earpieces.  So was the...hang-up button, so you could just lay it down on a counter to hang it up.  It just had a flimsy little bracket so you could mount it on a wall.  I'd pay good money for a phone like that for a TARDIS console but you literally cannot buy one these days.  Best you could hope for is to maybe find one on the junk electronics shelf at a thrift store. 
Thank you! I got myne at a thrift store!

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Any ideas for a keyboard? It needs to be small and mechanical! Thanks for suggestions?