Apr 26, 2024, 02:29 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The 13 Year Old Doctors TARDIS

Started by The 14 Year Old Doctor, Jul 22, 2021, 03:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The 14 Year Old Doctor

This is my TARDIS, I would like to make a fan film but im not sure how, im trying to write a script now.
I have a picture of every panel except one becuase i was using my ipad mini to take the pictures and that panel is just the ipad mini with a keyboard case.

The 14 Year Old Doctor

how do i post pictures? it said that every picture is too large what do i do? please help

The 14 Year Old Doctor

The 14 Year Old Doctor

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Volpone

Nicely done!  I'd have loved to have a console like that when I was 13. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Thanks!Do you have any idea about time rotors? becuase right now i have a classic era looking time rotor but would like to to have a one that goes up to the ceiling? any ideas?, keep in mind i do alot of diy, so if its cheaper but harder to built id prefer that.

russellsuthern

You worked out the photos then!  ;)

Your console looks really great.
No way would I have been able to build something like that when I was 13.

Well done!

Russell

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Thank you! My Grandpa with the basic structure but the rest i did myself!

The 14 Year Old Doctor

UPDATE

new time rotor i made this yesterday, its made of plastic cups and the moniter bit is made of cardboard,
the inspiration was the 14thdoctors tardis build blog i took from his wine glasses and used what i had
IMG_8210_23.jpgIMG_8211_23.jpg

d33j r093r5

Very nicely done!  :o :o ;D ;D ;D . I can't WAIT to see all the amazing builds you are going to do, if I'm not being too presumptuous(?) I can already tell you are amazing at this!  ;)
ERROR READING DRIVE C: (A)BORT, (R)ETRY, (F)AIL (I)GNORE?

The 14 Year Old Doctor

Thank you soooo much that means alot!!

The 14 Year Old Doctor

DSC_4343_23.jpgDSC_4342_23.jpgDSC_4341_23.jpgDSC_4339_23.jpg
this is the progress i've made since the last update,heres what the moniter looked like originally
DSC_4326_23.jpg
ive added two levers,ive covered up the dematat lever, obviously the moniter panel is completly revamped,what i did to that was added the keyboard caps and the button and thingamabob (the blue thing)
and the speedomiters(diy)
thanks for reading!

alextheyellowthing

The shape of your consol is a but un usual, it kinda makes me think of the secondary consol room from the 4rth doctor's eara.
Now that i think of it, with time rotor going to the celling, it would look nice
It's a cool first shot i i hope to see more consols from you in the future, with, maybe, bigger scales

redfern

What brings a smile to my face is the availability of components we older farts (ages 50 and up) could only have fantasized in our youths, specifically laptops and "tablets" that can play video media for dynamic, operative screens.

Example, as a kid around 1975, I had a model kit of the starship Enterprise control bridge (from Star Trek just to clarify).  I imagined what it would be like to have a miniature TV serve as the main view screen.  I knew the technology existed as it was used for the commlock props in "Space: 1999".  (The "guts" came from a a high end Sony device.)  Of course, such electronics would have been a challenge for the average middle income adult to caquire, let alone a child.

Fast forward to the "recent past" that allowed us affordable laptops and closer to the present the thin slabs that are "smart phones", arguably cheap enough that a parent can offer one to their kid.  Such technology was still just the realm of sci-fi when I was your age, and now children can employ such devices as part of their casual roleplay (simply called "let's pretend" when I was your age).

What an age in which we live!

Sincerely,

Bill