Jul 31, 2021, 12:00 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

"The Doctor Falls" Laser Screwdriver

Started by LeoCor, Jul 17, 2021, 09:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoCor

Noticed something from the episode "the Doctor Falls". The Laser Screwdriver prop they gave John Simm to use for the episode appears to be a new build, one that is missing a prominent feature from the original 2007 model. The emitter rods don't extend along with the rest of the emitter section, staying only in their retracted position. I, at first, wondered if this was maybe the same model he used in 2007, but maybe the mechanics for the emitter possibly broke due to time/mishandling, but the prop used in this episode appears a bit more... basic? Almost as if it's missing certain details due to time constraints. Not sure which it is, but I thought it was an interesting little detail.

123456789.png

scotland yard

Jul 18, 2021, 07:37 am #1 Last Edit: Jul 18, 2021, 11:39 am by scotland yard
It could be the toy version? They did use a lot of the CO sonic screwdrivers earlier in season 10
Oh my giddy aunt!!

LeoCor

Quote from: scotland yard on Jul 18, 2021, 07:37 amIt could be the toy version? They did use a lot of the CO sonic screwdrivers earlier in season 10

Unlikely. This appears to be a lot bigger, and the emitter rods on the toy were fixed in the extended position, even when the whole assembly was collapsed.

davidnagel

Maybe simm has small hands...
Kind Regards,

David

www.spiffinglyniceguy.co.uk