Apr 24, 2024, 10:25 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS prop C reference channel

Started by alextheyellowthing, Jul 14, 2021, 01:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alextheyellowthing

Jul 14, 2021, 01:50 pm Last Edit: Jul 15, 2021, 01:27 am by alextheyellowthing
So basicaly, the goal of this channel is to post all the pictures we can of TARDIS C so we could theoreticaly make a chronology of the PROP maintenance and abuse during shooting. i'll probably repost a lot, but this time, i'll try and labeled:
-"prop C"
-shooting day (dates and episode if possible)
-who shot the picture, again if possible
-where it was souced
-context and little story if we can have some.

Tardis C features larger posts and base, tho the latter is no taller and same paint finish / wood textures as the A/B prop. The lamp, while using the same guardman candle lantern base, is a bit diffrent.  a second base piece was mounted on the top of the "cadle" part and 4 side rodes where fitted in betwin. wich make it a bit taller and finner.

-
-
1_k26q9_V1B3BhyQRkZL3kNQ.jpeg
TARDIS C at the time travel set of sereis 4 epidoe "Turn left"
One of the rare time the tardis lights are shut off (i believe the 3rd time at this point in the show).

alextheyellowthing

maxresdefault.jpgTardis D on the original console set. i believe this to be a promo shoot for the 2009 specials with RTD having a bit of a setion with the box before leaving. there's a few of those photos around, i'll update this posts with thoses when i'll land my hands on theme.

alextheyellowthing

Jul 14, 2021, 02:19 pm #2 Last Edit: Jul 14, 2021, 02:38 pm by alextheyellowthing
doctor-who-series-4-screening-shutterstock-editorial-7545876ah.jpgdoctor-who-series-4-screening-shutterstock-editorial-7545876w.jpgdoctor-who-christmas-episode-voyage-of-the-damned-gala-screening-london-britain-shutterstock-editorial-720828c.jpg
Elisabeth Slaiden at a ceremony with TARDIS C.
the window lighting system and backing as been totaly gutted out of it for some reasones. Maybe because the Crash scene for the End of time has allready been shot at the time (the windows of the tardis are blown to pieces by the force of 10's regeration. Wich might help with the chronology.

alextheyellowthing

Jul 14, 2021, 04:23 pm #3 Last Edit: Jul 16, 2021, 01:12 pm by alextheyellowthing
tardisbits2010036.jpgget-attachment-7aspx_zps83ea1972.jpeg
Tardis C lamp. the smashed one is from the eleveth hour shooting in amy's shed and the almost intact one is a rebuilt one for the later seen when the ardis is up right again. i believe this photo as been taken after it was dismounted of the box, while it was turned into the war doctor tardis. again, let me know if i'm wrong.

also, it's most likly that lamp design that inspired thone on the character option flight control tardis

alextheyellowthing

5x01. The Eleventh Hour 2.jpgSmoldering-03(Upright).jpgSmoldering-04(Upright).jpg5x01. The Eleventh Hour 1.jpg
TARDIS C
on the eleventh hour shoot, up right.
as you can see, only the left side pannel has windows left to let smoke com out of it. the lights systeme on the inside has also been gutted out. i don't exactly know why.

Also, about the lamp, it's a bit noticable, but it hass been quickly bent back in shape, yet it's still visibly smashed.