Jun 16, 2021, 06:43 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My Policeman - Film currently being made in Brighton

Started by darren79, May 14, 2021, 03:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

darren79

A mock up police box has been erected in Powis Square in Brighton for use in a film called My Policeman (starring ex-one direction band member Harry Styles).

And rather lovely it is too!E1WX7kPXoAMmQFL.jpegE1W3PVIXIAEVzzH.jpgE1WX6QeWUAIOXmu.jpeg

Angelus Lupus

A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

russellsuthern

Wow!
My neck of the woods.
(Except I haven't been out much due to lockdown.)
I wonder if it will still be up tomorrow, as I'm due to pop into town then...

Regards,

Russell

mikey

It seems that at least one scenery department can make a reasonably accurate police box... though it's the wrong sort for Brighton. I think Mr Matt Sanders' box is better.

russellsuthern

Matt's box is better than EVERYONE'S....

Russ

brenk9carter

I think I was meant to make a lamp lens for that, I was in contact with the props people but it seems they've already got one
Bren

Kingpin

Ooooh, that's a lovely Police Box replica (even noting the concessions).

Angelus Lupus

There's a lot to like about this box: Pebbled glass, blue panes, properly rectangular panels, the wider space at the bottom (which I like on the AWJ box) and a fresnel lamp!
I'm fine with them using the signage from the plans, as this makes it look like a very early box - I'm just wondering why the SJA badge is so very off... It sort of looks like they've replaced it with the star badge of the Met Police, I wonder why?

phillbarron

Quote from: Angelus Lupus on May 15, 2021, 12:23 amThere's a lot to like about this box: Pebbled glass, blue panes, properly rectangular panels, the wider space at the bottom (which I like on the AWJ box) and a fresnel lamp!
I'm fine with them using the signage from the plans, as this makes it look like a very early box - I'm just wondering why the SJA badge is so very off... It sort of looks like they've replaced it with the star badge of the Met Police, I wonder why?

Licensing, maybe? Would they have to pay to use the SJA logo?

I keep wondering why the PTO sign looks stuck on as an afterthought rather than in a frame behind glass. Lets down an otherwise awesome box.

Angelus Lupus

Ah, yes, I hadn't noticed that! It really does need a frame (and a handle). Looking at the first mage in this thread, however, it does look like it is hinged somehow.

Kingpin

May 15, 2021, 02:42 pm #11 Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 03:05 pm by Kingpin
It seems to have a frame, but a particularly thin one (as observed in the side shot showing the "panel*" partially ajar.  And definitely hinged.

*Though given there's no cubby behind it, would this technically make it a flap rather than a panel?

A shot of the back:

E1WX7kPXoAMmQFL9.jpg

I did a little digging, and the Police Box will likely have more than just a passing appearance, there's a sequence in the book (not sure how long, Google's preview was limited) where PC Burgess's lover Patrick has a tryst with him in the box.

E1WX7kPXoAMmQFL10.jpg
E1WX7kPXoAMmQFL14b.jpg
E1WX7kPXoAMmQFL15b.jpg

A couple more, non-full-box shots:

E1WX7kPXoAMmQFL11.jpg
E1WX7kPXoAMmQFL12.jpg

And a couple of nice detail shots:

detail.jpg
detail2.jpg