News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My season 13 frontage.

Started by the wizard, Apr 27, 2021, 01:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the wizard

Apr 27, 2021, 01:22 pm Last Edit: Apr 28, 2021, 01:42 am by Volpone
Hello!

A very long time ago, I built a TARDIS in my back garden. I was working in the wonderful world of props and design so used my spare time to make it out of spit and hope. Dr Who was off air and it somehow kept it alive for me. But - life changed and I had to leave it there in Streatham, 20 years ago.
And it really bothered me. And I knew one day I'd have it back.
Well, not quite, My fence gates never closed properly and a few months ago I measured them up and LO! The exact width of a Police Box! How terribly odd! Did the guy fitting them know?
The idea germinated. Will it attract unwanted attention? Will I be ridiculed? And then Covid came and after 12 months of being alone with my cat Shadow, I suppose I no longer care. I want to build it and I will... well, the frontage, at any rate.
It's a season 13, Brachacki. One of the hardest to reproduce since it was pretty much on it's last legs. But that season holds fond memories for me and I wanted to create the Old Girl as she was before she bowed out.
Here's the first attempt I made way back when to be going on with.

The Wizardmebox3.jpg
Yes, Chief Inspector, dotty old me!

russellsuthern

Welcome to TB!

Your picture looks great & I am looking forward to seeing your new build.

Regards,

Russell

Volpone

The old build was a very robust one.  With many 1996 movie elements.  Looking forward to the new build.  (The board software is quirky.  After you attach a file, you have to go back and "insert" it (click a button) or the image won't fully appear and will be shaded.  I went ahead and fixed it for you since it was only one picture and you're new enough that you haven't heard me nag people about it for the past 8 months.  :)
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

KIT-KAT

lovely story, I wish you well!
No, not the mind probe!

the wizard

Apr 28, 2021, 09:57 pm #4 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2021, 10:11 pm by the wizard
Ahhh, I was pondering the picture being not quite there. I shall look out for that. Bit tricky this site. Like that box!
Yes, Chief Inspector, dotty old me!