Jun 16, 2021, 08:30 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Russell's Hudolin style TARDIS

Started by russellsuthern, Apr 18, 2015, 06:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsuthern

Happy Easter!!

Yes, I'm still lurking around keeping an eye on things, even though I'm not doing anything in the way of building at the moment.  :)

I just realized that it was six years ago today that I put my TARDIS up!  :o

Where the heck did THAT time go?!?!

It's still standing, although I didn't get to do any of the maintenance work I wanted to do over the summer, but I was amazed to see I didn't get any leaks, which did please me!
There's a few cracks here and there the paints flaking off in places, so it will need a good looking over this summer...but could be a lot worse!

Anyhow, to celebrate her six year birthday I thought I'd indulge myself by posting some pics of the old girl...

First, one of me being a bit of a poser next to her after she'd just gone up...

tar1.jpg

Next, some recent pics, after her new paint job.
I tried to stagger the shots into the evening, so each picture gets darker, hopefully creating a quite dramatic effect....

tar2.jpg

tar3.jpg

tar4.jpg

tar5.jpg

tat6.jpg

Hope you like the pics.

Thanks for indulging me!!

Best regards to one & all.... don't eat too many eggs!!

Russell

Jam Jar Lurker

"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

Jam Jar Lurker

Russell,

Looking again at your pics, your TARDIS does seem rather precariously positioned next to a terrifying drop... Is this a foreshadowing of your Curse of Peladon cosplay?

It is with a heavy heart I report that I'm due to watch Timelash tonight as part of my watch-through. I loved Colin Baker and his era back in the day, but rewatching The Twin Dilemma and Season 22, I keep asking myself, What were they thinking?

Timelash... wish me luck.

Francis
"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

russellsuthern

Fortunately it looks like a deeper drop than it actually is, just a couple of steps down to the door to the changing rooms.
The gap gave me some real problems, though, as it was an incredibly tight fit getting the old girl in!

Re: the marathon watch through.... I have a confession to make... which is, I'm only watching the adventures that I like, so I skipped quite a few of the Colin Baker ones, & some of the early McCoys...

I'm a bad fan.....

I'm up to "Silver Nemesis" now, which isn't everyone's cup of mead, but It's got Cybermen in it, so that's good enough for me...

Cheers,

Russ