Apr 19, 2024, 02:31 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

DanielReed's TYJ TARDIS

Started by mirata, Apr 07, 2021, 01:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mirata

Hi all,

During the lockdown I decided to transition from 3DS Max to Blender and Substance Painter, and try my skills remodelling a TYJ TARDIS.

It's probably never going to be finished but I thought you might all like to see my progress. I thought I would try to make it quite dirty and high res to test out my texturing techniques. Critique is welcome.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Rassilons Rod

Hi Dan! Welcome back! :)

Beautiful texturing on there :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Volpone

Very nice.  I could not tell that image from an actual physical build.  And I could not tell it from the actual prop.  The only "tell" for me is there's something ever so slightly "off" in the lighting interaction between the TARDIS and the background.  And I can't even put my finger on what it is.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

alextheyellowthing

I know i've made a top of all the tardis exterior (wich i forgot again and get over welmed) but man do i love this box look. in my opinion the best for the classic era, i just wished it had a thiccer base/ that it was a bit bigger and a diffrent lamp
 your renderes and model are amazing

The_TARD1Sman

this looks amazing excellent Job , may i ask what modelling and rendering software did you use?
- The TARDISman

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: The_TARD1Sman on Apr 07, 2021, 08:46 pmthis looks amazing excellent Job , may i ask what modelling and rendering software did you use?
- The TARDISman

Quote from: mirata on Apr 07, 2021, 01:28 pmDuring the lockdown I decided to transition from 3DS Max to Blender and Substance Painter, and try my skills remodelling a TYJ TARDIS.