Apr 20, 2024, 01:21 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Non-Yale TARDIS Key? (Twice Upon a Time)

Started by LeoCor, Apr 03, 2021, 08:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoCor

I was watching this clip from Twice Upon a Time, when I noticed something odd about the TARDIS key David Bradley was holding. Based on what I could see, it doesn't appear to be a standard Yale key, but rather a Kwikset house key. Judging from what I can see (which, granted, is not a lot), I can't seem to find the shoulders that are normally just above the teeth of the key, and the head of the key appears to have a hole that is off to the side, rather than in the center like on a normal Yale key. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

Untitled.pngleocor1.png211292_front500_p01.jpg

phillbarron

It looks like the blade of the key is offset to the left of the head to me.

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: phillbarron on Apr 06, 2021, 08:37 pmIt looks like the blade of the key is offset to the left of the head to me.

maybe it could look like this because of the cuts made to make  it work, the images of refrence as the blade not graved yet

phillbarron

Quote from: alextheyellowthing on Apr 06, 2021, 09:53 pmmaybe it could look like this because of the cuts made to make  it work, the images of refrence as the blade not graved yet

Or it could just be held at an angle, I suppose.

Rassilons Rod

I think the main trench down the middle... is pretty central, tbh.

But I do see what you mean, I think the "blade" does extend further to it's side than the other part does.
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

alextheyellowthing

to clarify why it looks a bit diffrent (sorry i don't have hd caps)tardis 1key from chris spe.png

Cardinal Hordriss

This is my version if that's of any use -

20210529_122629.jpg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

LeoCor

That definitely looks to be the closest match to what appears on-screen.

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on May 29, 2021, 11:28 amThis is my version if that's of any use -

20210529_122629.jpg

Cardinal Hordriss

May 31, 2021, 02:12 pm #8 Last Edit: Jun 03, 2021, 08:50 am by Cardinal Hordriss
Glad to be of help.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...