News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Hudolin Box 3D model?

Started by gaf1963, Mar 24, 2021, 08:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gaf1963

Mar 24, 2021, 08:01 am Last Edit: Mar 24, 2021, 08:59 am by ColonyAztec
Hello all,

Anyone know where to find an adequate model of a Hudolin box? I'd model one myself but mainly just do it by eye which isn't strictly accurate, and according to PB_Props the plans aren't really accurate anyway.

Cheers.
G
G

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: ColonyAztec on Mar 24, 2021, 08:01 amHello all,

Anyone know where to find an adequate model of a Hudolin box? I'd model one myself but mainly just do it by eye which isn't strictly accurate, and according to PB_Props the plans aren't really accurate anyway.

Cheers.
G

i've made one, tho i'm not sure where i could upload it. it's a sketchup up model ('cause i'm broke) and it was made based on the original commision plans and crossed with 2 very similar plans found out on the forum. here's a like if you want to take a look, i've made a model of it (hand crafted, not 3dprinted) if you need help, feel free to ask.

https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=10707.0

alextheyellowthing

also, my model is based on the full sise prop, not the model effect prop despite it showing first on my topic. if you scroll down, you'll see the 3d model, don't mind the texture, it wasn't importent to me so i slaped a quick thing on it

gaf1963

Ahh yes I had a look at that earlier.

Absolutely bloody stunning! Well done you!  ;D

And yeah, it is my favourite exterior so I'd love some help with modelling a printable one that can slot together, if that would be alright!

Cheers,
G
G

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: ColonyAztec on Mar 24, 2021, 11:18 amAhh yes I had a look at that earlier.

Absolutely bloody stunning! Well done you!  ;D

And yeah, it is my favourite exterior so I'd love some help with modelling a printable one that can slot together, if that would be alright!

Cheers,
G

I don't know if my 3d model is really set for printing, i've never done any yet. I advise you to start from the ground up looking at this channel for plans. They're in inches tho.
I'll share y'a some mesurements in cm when i'm back home (groceries time).
So you have the option to cross check to and build one your self if you can.
Also, about the 3d printing, there are à lot of model and props made around here, feel free to ask any thing you need to prépare for panel fiting and stuff. People are really nice around here.

Thx for the complètement and good luck with your's. Again, if i find somewhere decent to give you the files i currently have and if you're intressted, i'll try and share it.

gaf1963

Cheers mate, thanks for the help!

Thingiverse is the best website for sharing free models, however if you want to charge then I would go for websites like etsy and turbosquid.

I might ask around for things like the handles and lamp, that would be great.

I will try to model it in Fusion, but some plans would be much appreciated if you could provide them.  ;D

Cheers,
G
G

alextheyellowthing

here are the dimention of my model for the full size prop and a quick capture of the scale model version (wich is about 1/9 scale i think) Hudolin main prop tardis 1996 6.pngHudolin main prop tardis 1996 7.pngHudolin main prop tardis 1996 8.pngHudolin main prop tardis 1996 9.pngHudolin main prop tardis 1996 10.pngphoto_2020-11-29_17-28-50.jpg

alextheyellowthing

https://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=650.15 also where i found the plans i've based my version. outside a conversion to cm (the reason for quite a few weird sizes) it's basicaly the same
i think my lamp is a bit smaller, so it would actually fit the anchor frenel i suspect this box has

Volpone

Gotta love those POLICE BOX signs.  Nothing says Hudolin like the big clunky POLICE BOX signs. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: Volpone on Mar 25, 2021, 04:08 amGotta love those POLICE BOX signs.  Nothing says Hudolin like the big clunky POLICE BOX signs. 
I'm personnal not a fan of that feature but it's a part of the identity of it. That and the satin textured look with the hamered randomly placed window panes.

It's a unic one in the collection.

SpeedstersUnited

Quote from: gaf1963 on Mar 24, 2021, 08:01 amHello all,

Cheers.
G

This is an old post, but I have my own 3D Blender model of the Hudolin box. If you'd like to check it out, here's a google drive link with the model attached. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_s5GQGPRXLlLXEY27_iLnvveiTA1AsW-/view?usp=sharing