Mar 29, 2024, 10:52 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2008 series 4 foldable tardis

Started by alextheyellowthing, Mar 17, 2021, 09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alextheyellowthing

Mar 17, 2021, 09:34 am Last Edit: Oct 05, 2021, 01:48 am by alextheyellowthing
So, i have a potential oportunty to travel to the us around auguste. I'm going there light, à bag +1 lugage, so i can't realy safely take one of my replicas. At least not the current one. So i'm thinking of making à tardis that would be like how most of the props where made. I don't really know if it will turn out good at this scale, but i'll try and see. It will be à série 4 so , if i mess up. , i guess i'll convert it into à war doctor tardis.

I still have not much idea of what i'll be making and how, so if you have any advice, they are welcome.

Chers

alextheyellowthing

Mar 17, 2021, 09:16 pm #1 Last Edit: Mar 17, 2021, 09:20 pm by alextheyellowthing
So, i'm thinking i should start to work on how many and what pièces i want to be dismentable. (i'm also concidering making à bigger scale model)
I want it to be flat so i'm thinking 3 side panel with the sign boxes attached (or not) 4 corner posts, 2 front doors, a sign box for the front(or 4 depending on if i attach it to the side panels or not)  the base, the roof(maybe each stack separated) and the lamp.

I think it's the bare minimum for à flatable prop, i'm also planing on having bien being easy to put together, so i'll have quite the prototyping to do. So i don't spend to much time building and fixing stuff while people walk into the shot or whatever.

Again, suggestions are open to any ideas, and i'll try to post sketches and progrès to any concept i come out with.

alextheyellowthing

I'll try to do my notes and reasearch in english when i sketch, but don't be mad if at some point i forget and wright in baguette. IMG_20210319_034527_937.jpg

For now, i'm theorisin what and how much pièces and how to make them assemblé and fit together. I really want à solide box when it's all mounted

russellsuthern

Looks interesting.

My favouite fold away TARDIS build is Sally Sparrowness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtWUrJU46M8

I have watched her video many times...

Sally rocks!!

Hope you like it & good luck with your build.

Regards,

Russell

Angelus Lupus

Quote from: russellsuthern on Mar 19, 2021, 08:42 amLooks interesting.

Sally rocks!!

Regards,

Russell
That's a classic! Informative and funny!
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

alextheyellowthing

Mar 19, 2021, 03:05 pm #5 Last Edit: Oct 05, 2021, 01:50 am by alextheyellowthing
Quote from: russellsuthern on Mar 19, 2021, 08:42 amLooks interesting.

Sally rocks!!

Regards,

Russell
Every one knows about her here, i see.X)

I think i even got here because of her.
But i'm affraid, as i'm working on a model and i'm looking for a screen acurate look, it won't help me much

But thx à lot any way, i'll rewatch it and see if i can find something

russellsuthern

redfern

There's irony for you.  "Sally" felt ashamed of her efforts when viewing these forums while we see her as an intrepid hero, pretty much an unofficial spokesperson for this site!  (At least, I do.)

Yeah, I know she did it for comic effect, but seriously, she never had reason to be embarrassed.  As she noted, hers is foldable and thus (relatively) easy to transport!

Did "Sally" ever join these forums?

BTW, yes, to my untrained ears and no knowledge of the language, German does sound quite "aggressive"!

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: redfern on Mar 19, 2021, 05:59 pmThere's irony for you.  "Sally" felt ashamed of her efforts when viewing these forums while we see her as an intrepid hero, pretty much an unofficial spokesperson for this site!  (At least, I do.)

Yeah, I know she did it for comic effect, but seriously, she never had reason to be embarrassed.  As she noted, hers is foldable and thus (relatively) easy to transport!

Did "Sally" ever join these forums?

BTW, yes, to my untrained ears and no knowledge of the language, German does sound quite "aggressive"!

Here box was quite à Nice one, i can see how she's an inspiration to quite à lot of people. My self i've discovered the forum thx to her.

alextheyellowthing

So... We're under lock down again here, and i'm restricted on what matérial i can use now. I guess i could still buy stuff on amazon (wich i did for the 2mm plans before) but i'll try to do as much recycling as with all the other boxes. Heck, i'll surlly find à way to make my stuff anyway. I just need more planning and "ressources managing" i guess

russellsuthern

Hang on in there...

We'll all get back to normal in the end!

Russell

alextheyellowthing

ok, I have now a 3D model, made out of lots and lots of photo researching and helped a lot by @The_TARD1Sman renders and plan. i think i'm close. at least enought to make a scaled down model of it. wich i'm really exited about, since it's one of my favorit tardis design. i might do an alternative thiccer base, just because i would love this bow with a D prop base.

any way:
Tardis C 002.pngTardis C 003.pngTardis C 005.pngTardis C 004.png

alextheyellowthing

I'm thinking this box will be next. Or should i say thoses. Yup... Surprise for later on why, but i think i'll simultaniously make 2 C tardie.
I don't know when construction will begin, but i can assure it's next in the line. And since dismentable models have been a succès recently, i'm confirming thoses 2 will too. That's all i have for now. I'm still doing some reasearch, so i won't mess up too much.

alextheyellowthing

Hello, Tardis Builders!

Who planes a model of a tardis month ago gets to build it? I laked time but good news, everyone!

Because guess who? Ha!
Listen, you lot, you're all whizzing about, it's really very distracting. Could you all just stay still a minute because

I. AM. TALKING!

The question of the hour is, what am i building? Answer? some C props models. Next question, WTF!? Some, are you making multiples of them? to wich i replie "Come on! Look at me! no plan(actually i do), no back up, no weapons worth a damn. Oh, and something else I don't have: anything to lose! So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little spaceships, with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on making just 2 tennant prop, just remember tardis C was refurbished as the war doctor's tardis. Remember every blue boxes have stories to tell, and then, and then! Do the smart thing.

follow this thread first.

Also i hi russel!
i'm gessing you'll be the first one around to see this mess X)

photos comming soon

russellsuthern

Hi too you, too, Alex!!

You must be a mind reader as I was watching "The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang." just last night!

Spooky, eh....?

I always thought it would be quite funny if the Doctor finished his speech...

"Let someone else try first...."

And the amassed 10,000 ships reply, "nope...!"

And they all open fire & blow stonehenge to atoms....

Oooops...

Anyway, back on topic... looking forward to seeing your new project take shape...

;D  ;D

Regards,

Russell