Apr 19, 2024, 04:53 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Impulse laser?

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Mar 06, 2021, 07:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Hordriss

I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: Volpone on Mar 11, 2021, 02:07 amTrying not to derail the thread, but at this point I am compelled to mention that Han Solo's blaster is built from an 1896 "Broomhandle" Mauser machinepistol.  And now back to your regularly scheduled prop build. 

True but it's also a laser gun covered in functionless greeblies.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Volpone

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Mar 11, 2021, 08:15 pm
Quote from: Volpone on Mar 11, 2021, 02:07 amTrying not to derail the thread, but at this point I am compelled to mention that Han Solo's blaster is built from an 1896 "Broomhandle" Mauser machinepistol.  And now back to your regularly scheduled prop build. 

True but it's also a laser gun covered in functionless greeblies.
Damn you, don't feed my compulsion to derail threads! 

True.  You look at it and say "just get a broomhandle Mauser and stick a scope on it and you've got a Han Solo blaster."  Kind of like you say "I was in the military.  All I need is a couple patches and a black tactical vest to have a great 'Stargate: SG-1' costume."  But then you look at a Mauser side by side with Han's blaster and see how much stuff they added to it.  Or you realize the SG-1 costume jacket is based on a Vietnam era Marine helicopter jacket--only made out of cotton instead of nylon.  And the black tactical vest you need was discontinued years ago and even then you need to cut the top pockets off to stick black nylon compass pouches on. 

What were we talking about, again?   
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Cardinal Hordriss

There go the drift compensators, the coordinates were set for impulse laser but the linear calculator phew... we are through the looking glass people lol.

I liked SG1, shame it went on so long... bringing in Ben Browder and Claudia Black to try and fish Farscape fans was so blatant it was like watching a TV series be moved from intensive to end of life care. It should have culminated with the total defeat of Anubis, wrap up any loose ends in the build up and retire the poor thing. In terms of the props a gun is a gun to me, same with a soldier's uniform, I don't pick up on any of the nuances in the slightest. There are some brilliant starship designs though and I'd love to see a TARDIS console based on a DHD lol.