Mar 29, 2024, 05:46 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Timelash Guardolier Rifle Build

Started by elkad, Feb 15, 2021, 03:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: elkad on Feb 19, 2021, 08:25 pmIsn't a computer cable rated for high heat too?

I don't believe so. This is why it's a mistake to call a computer cable a kettle lead. IECs for kettles have the notch, PC versions (basically the standard version) do not.

Having done PAT testing courses, this is something that has been hammered into me a few times 😊
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

elkad

Making the plug indicator light on the back of the handle.

3, 1  1/4" disks glued together & sanded to fit the handle.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (69).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (70).jpg

I put a 1 1/2" disc on the end so I can remove the plug for electronic maintenance.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (71).jpg

Now the indicator light, I was thinking ether vacuum form a indicator light cover, buy one or use a spare light cover from my green death brain washing earphones. Until I get or make the correct cover, lets see how it looks. :)

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (72).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (73).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (74).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (75).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (76).jpg

elkad

Quick set of rings with baling wire, I forgot the gauge size.
After this all I need to do is the trigger, drill a side hole in the gun handle aerial, indicator light, Paint & wiring.  :)

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (77).jpg

elkad

I just got my trigger switch in the mail, & I have no Idea how to get it in the handle.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (78).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (79).jpg

The trigger won't fit in the bottom part of the handle up, the space between the trigger guard & the handle would mean I'd have to put the trigger elements up & it wont fit the trigger guard itself.
I would have to ether start all over making the handle, or cut the handle in half to install the trigger.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (80).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (81).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (82).jpg

Or, I can use another switch, ether something with a removable button to add a custom trigger block, Or, a leaf spring trigger switch. The same type trigger I use on my Tech gun.
The larger one is to big to lock into place, I'd have to drill holes in the side to mount it.  The smaller one gives me more room & a leaf spring lever to work with. As for the trigger block, I need to make a holder so it doesn't slip out the trigger guard when pressed or released. If the leaf spring isn't strong enough to push the trigger button block back out I'll need to spring load that too.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (83).jpg

When it comes down to making a prop. The devil is in the pudding & the proof is in the details....Ah... I mean, The devils in the details & the proof is in the pudding.

I, just, did, a Sylvester McCoy there....  ::)

elkad

Mar 27, 2021, 03:20 pm #19 Last Edit: Mar 27, 2021, 03:23 pm by elkad
Well! Big tip of the day. Always, & I mean always, check the description when buying something eBay.
I bought a LED emergency light for the back to the gun handle. I was looking for a 16mm & got a 22mm.
Now I know the size I need, I'm waiting for the correct size to come in.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (88).jpg

As for the 22mm light, I'll probably use it for something else & soldered the 220v AC LED & replaced it with a LED plug insert. If I need too add resisters or other forms of electronics & can just connect it to the terminals at the bottom.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (89).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (90).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (91).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (92).jpg

elkad

I made a sleeve track for the button to ride in. I tried something new I found on YouTube. When super gluing you can use hot glue to hold it in place wile it drys. Lets say I still got sticky fingers. I dremiled off the extra PVC & hot glue. (TIP: when using a powered sander, go slow with quick passes, if you go quick the sander drum gets caked up with hot glue.)

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (84).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (85).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (86).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (87).jpg

I cut a hole in the sleeve & glued a rod to the trigger block. I put a spring on the underside of the trigger & rod. Now I have to figure out how to mount the leaf-spring switch in the handle & line it up with the trigger bar.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (93).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (94).jpg

elkad

I made a Youtube video of my update. I still haven't found how to put the trigger in. I'm thinking ether a wood block I can slide in & out or a PVC box.

https://youtu.be/CuansImBLRo

elkad

Apr 11, 2021, 06:52 pm #22 Last Edit: Apr 11, 2021, 06:56 pm by elkad
I put a tab on the end of the trigger to keep the button from being pushed out & made a plug for the bottom of the gun handle.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (99).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (100).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (95).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (96).jpg

I changed the detection to were the switch was inserted. I was going to put the leaf-spring up threw the handle, but I couldn't bolt it or glue it in place.  I widen' the gap to the handle barrel & put an angled mount on the switch to bolt it using the screw on the indicator light plug.  Witch means I had to grind the plug to fit the bar, & had to grind the trigger switch mount to fit the selector switch.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (97).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (98).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (103).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (102).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (101).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (104).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (105).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (106).jpg

Now, to thread the lights, I took off the barrels, pushed in the wire & pulled it out the guide hole with a peace of baling wire. I put a knot in the positive line wire. (When threading the wire, make sure it's out of the way of the screws or they'll shred.) I hot glued the LED connectors in the tub. When you want to change the LED just pop off the barrel tip.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (107).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (108).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (109).jpg

LIGHT TEST!  ;D  8)

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (110).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (111).jpg

elkad

I bought 3 lights, The firs was the wrong size, I didn't look at the description when I bought it. The second was the wrong shape, 3rd times the charm, I found the correct lamp....I think. I'm just going to use the lamp cap. Unless you think I should use the ring for decoration? I can't use the ring nut to attach the entire lamp. First the screw tap is to small for the plug & the lamp is too long to fit in the handle with all the other electronics inside.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (112).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (114).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (113).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (120).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (117).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (119).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (118).jpg

elkad

I finally got around to painting some of the rifle. I still need to paint the barrel tips, trigger sleeve, & the small details like barrel burn & some black wash scuffing.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (121).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (122).jpg

I removed the gun handle aerial spring to paint it, & carefully slipped it back on tightening the end wires in there individual groove slots.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (123).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (124).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (125).jpg

Once the painting is done, off to the electronics. (I did a test fit of the wiring. It's going to be a tight fit.)

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (126).jpg

elkad

I make a brace on the trigger button so it wouldn't push the trigger sleeve into the handle.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (127).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (128).jpg

Painted the trigger a highlight orange & cut the bottom of the indicator light to make room in the handle. You can still unscrew the lamp cover from the glued silver ring part, on the back handle cap.

Timelash Guardolier Rifle (129).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (130).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (131).jpgTimelash Guardolier Rifle (132).jpg