New, New TardisBuilders!

Transparent trash can

Started by warmcanofcoke, Jan 24, 2021, 05:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

Jan 24, 2021, 05:55 pm Last Edit: Jan 24, 2021, 06:20 pm by warmcanofcoke
C-Thru-50G-7155.jpg

https://us.glasdon.com/c-thru-tm-50g-trash-can

QuoteThe C-Thru™ 50 Gallon clear plastic trash can features a fully-transparent polycarbonate body, which has been purposely-designed for environments where security is paramount. The receptacle allows full inspection of contents, and complies with Department of Homeland Security Directive RAILPAX-04-01.

The impressive, large capacity of these transparent trash cans makes them ideal for collecting un-recyclable material in high traffic areas, and can help to mitigate the issues of cross-contamination when supplied with the co-coordinating recycling container.

The unit can be quickly assembled and dismantled which makes it ideal for use at sporting and music events. The components are designed to nest within one another and revert to a flat-pack state, which minimizes the storage space in which they occupy.

The distinguishable decals reduces the risk of contamination and encourages users to deposit their waste correctly. The aperture lids within the C-Thru range are also conveniently snap-fitted onto the lid ring, which makes them interchangeable if you wish to collect different types of waste.

The versatility of this transparent trash bin also makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, and can be placed free-standing on firm, even-ground, or can be sited upon uneven ground using temporary soft earth anchors.

The C-Thru 50 Gallon clear plastic trash can also comes standard with a lift on, lift off lid ring and aperture. A key lock system is also available to provide additional security.

Non-standard colors for the apertures, lid ring, plinth & decals are available, please contact us for more information.

Design Features
Ideal for transport hubs, stadiums and high-security events.
Features a large 50 gallon capacity making it suitable for high traffic areas.
Easily disassembled to transport & store in a flat-pack form. What is this? Easily disassembled
Supplied with rubber base feet to provide stability. What is this? Rubber base feet
Highly visible & interchangeable apertures. What is this? Interchangeable apertures
Optional key lock system for extra security. What is this? Optional key lock
Easy to clean.
Colors
Lid ring, apertures & plinth: Gray
Body: Clear
Decals: Gray
Materials
Body: Polycarbonate
Decals: Vinyl, high tac adhesive
Aperture, Lid ring and Plinth base: Durapol™
Dimensions
Width:  21.9"
Height: 39.6"
Weight: 16 lbs*
Capacity: 50 gallons
*Weight indicated is for locking model with paper aperture. Slight weight variations for each different aperture will exist.
Ok now I'm excited 😆
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

warmcanofcoke

Jan 24, 2021, 07:01 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 24, 2021, 07:11 pm by warmcanofcoke
at first I thought this would make a great time rotor. Then I realised this has a better purpose. it could be used as a reusable form to stage by stage; make time rotors. I mean, you place the clear acrylic around in the frame and then you use some weld bond. After bond ... Then place precut lid on top and bond again. Buy new acrylic. Repeat ... For friends and family.

Volpone

You don't need a transparent trash can to do that.  An ordinary one would work fine.  In fact that was kind of my plan before you found this--use a trash can as a form to make a clear fiberglass time rotor.  Was worried about it yellowing, though.  But this is a good find.  IIRC, that price is way below what ordering a comparably sized plexiglass tube would be. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

warmcanofcoke

Jan 25, 2021, 08:39 pm #3 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2021, 01:14 am by warmcanofcoke
After receiving a quote*

QuoteEQ10004939 - Glasdon, Inc 001.jpg

So not the solution I was hoping it may have been.

Volpone

:( I should'a saw that coming. Still...shipping for a comparable sized plexi cylinder must be about the same.  And the cylinder's going to be more expensive.  Well you could still try your form/weld idea.  Just use a regular trash can. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.