Apr 20, 2024, 01:43 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

contemplating a build

Started by pockets, Feb 12, 2021, 08:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pockets

Hi, first post here , just wondering if anyone can point me towards a comprehensive build diary or resource for  a list of  materials and dimensions of parts to order in abs plastic  to make a 1/13  scale  classic build . Have had a look at a fair few scale builds on here and haven't come across anything.

russellsuthern

Welcome to TB.

Not sure if anyone's done an abs plastic build.
Most of the models I can think of are 3D printed, or made from some kind of wood or board.

When you say "classic" build, can you be more specific?

Regards,

Russell

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: pockets on Feb 12, 2021, 08:30 pmHi, first post here , just wondering if anyone can point me towards a comprehensive build diary or resource for  a list of  materials and dimensions of parts to order in abs plastic  to make a 1/13  scale  classic build . Have had a look at a fair few scale builds on here and haven't come across anything.

hey there, Welcome^^

if you can't find anything, there is that professionnal model maker on youtube that made this very goo looking TVmovie tardis and a couple of other DW stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSC3TrRsf0

cheers to you and i'll try and broase a bit, see if i can find more stuff

pockets

Feb 14, 2021, 05:01 pm #3 Last Edit: Feb 14, 2021, 05:19 pm by pockets
Thanks for replies , I'll have a look at a few more model builds , it was just thicknesses and sizes for building up the panels and posts  I was looking for really, just to save some time on scaling from drawings . Am thinking about either a Brachacki or Newbery build .

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: pockets on Feb 14, 2021, 05:01 pmThanks for replies , I'll have a look at a few more model builds , it was just thicknesses and sizes for building up the panels and posts  I was looking for really, just to save some time on scaling from drawings . Am thinking about either a Brachacki or Newbery build .

What kind of scale you're looking for. Same as the characters options toys or the big chief studio's action figures?

Those, i think, are the main scales you will find out there. I might do à Brachacki tardis at some point, i'll post about it here when i will be making this, you can see the 3d model at différent scales

pockets

Ye  ,the character options scale but 1/13 scale rather than  their  slightly undersized version .

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: pockets on Feb 15, 2021, 03:13 pmYe  ,the character options scale but 1/13 scale rather than  their  slightly undersized version .

The i rocommand again the pb props youtube channel i liked above. He as a plastic Brachacki build.

Here, you'll probably find some lazer cut plastic build, some Jamie Bates kit builds, and more

Rassilons Rod

Actually, PB used to be a member here. In a former incarnation this forum was co founded by PB  :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: Rassilons Rod on Feb 15, 2021, 11:19 pmActually, PB used to be a member here. In a former incarnation this forum was co founded by PB  :)

Wow really ?! Man i love that guys work. I wish i had a word with him, it would have been an honnor. Also his TV movie tardis is à wrong color X)

pockets

Feb 16, 2021, 01:18 pm #9 Last Edit: Feb 16, 2021, 02:37 pm by pockets
Yes I do follow PBprops and have watched the various builds  it's why I'm here really  ,he does some excellent stuff.  And was aware of his association with this site as he mentions it in one of his vlogs. I just thought there may have been a tutorial or scale plans somewhere on here , will have to do my own scaling down from plans .