Mar 29, 2024, 08:35 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Chinese Fowling Piece

Started by Jam Jar Lurker, Nov 07, 2020, 12:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jam Jar Lurker

As I'm currently battling my own Giant Rat of Sumatra, I thought it would be an appropriate time to construct a replica of Professor Litefoot's Chinese fowling piece from The Talons of Weng-Chiang. I've had to fudge a couple of details, so it's not entirely screen accurate, but I'm hoping it's still pretty effective.

Francïs
PSX_20201107_113950.jpg
"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

russellsuthern

Hey, Francis,

Sorry to hear about your rat infestation....

But totally stoked to hear that you are doing the gun from "Talons".

My own effort was amateurish at best, but it was only for my cosplay thread, so I wasn't too bothered, but I often thought it would be a great piece to make a serious copy of, so I can't wait to see how you do it & of course the finished product!

Keep us updated!!!

Regards,

Russell

Jam Jar Lurker

Sorry Everyone,

I was attempting to be witty.
702930.jpg
This is my recreation.PSX_20201107_113950.jpg
Francïs
"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

russellsuthern

Ooops!

Well, that one went completely over my head!!!  ;D  ::)

Russ

Jam Jar Lurker

Quote from: russellsuthern on Nov 07, 2020, 01:42 pmOoops!

Well, that one went completely over my head!!!  ;D  ::)

Russ
It's because it wasn't made in Birmingham!

Jam Jar Lurker

You might be interested to hear that the Beast has finally been vanquished. And a sizable Beast it was too; we needed a bigger boat.

Francïs