Apr 20, 2024, 02:56 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

1/48th Scale Glasgow Type Box

Started by Andrew Harvey, Aug 15, 2022, 09:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsuthern

Love the lamp & all the graffiti & posters are an inspired touch.
(Although some of that graffiti is a bit NSFW.  ;D  )

Great work.

Russell

Volpone

The Lee Hsin Chang poster is a good in-joke.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Andrew Harvey

Quote from: russellsuthern on Aug 20, 2022, 07:01 amLove the lamp & all the graffiti & posters are an inspired touch.
(Although some of that graffiti is a bit NSFW.  ;D  )

Great work.

Russell

Thanks Russell, Glad you like the model. Begging your pardon but, what does NSFW mean? ( Without swearing of course!)

Andrew

Andrew Harvey

Quote from: Volpone on Aug 20, 2022, 03:45 pmThe Lee Hsin Chang poster is a good in-joke.

Glad you like that Volpone! I've had that on file for years and years awaiting a miniature to stick one on! At last! I was tempted with the Hammer one of the Terror of the Tongs.....Valley of Gwangi was another....

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: Andrew Harvey on Aug 19, 2022, 09:56 pmOkay Tardis builders, here are my last pictures of this model which now has its graffiti and the wire cage around its lamp. Some of you may recognize a few of the posters. Prize of 10p old money for all those who get them right.
  IMG_7316.JPG
  Here is the complete lamp, showing the pipe gauze cage and plastic strip.

IMG_7356b.jpg
  Right side,

IMG_7359b.jpg
 Left side

IMG_7357b.jpg
  Back side (?!?!)

IMG_7360b.jpg
  One with me peeping out. I must say it was very hard to squeeze myself into this tiny box!

Police Box 3b.jpg
 And a stereoscopic one. Not the best one, but its not too bad.

how did ypu made the tag? it looks really cool

russellsuthern

NSFW means "Not safe for Work."
Which means "a bit rude."

;)

Russell

Andrew Harvey

Jolly good Russell, Apologies if my sense of humour offends the sensitive! Well, you know what graffiti on walls can be like! Actually, some of the 'wall scrawl' was based on some of those pictures of the Newport Box in wales. That weird curling angular illegible writing is somehow quite fascinating to my mind. Today, I have been out for a walk in a place called Kennal Vale which used to be a gun powder works. The wall scrawlers have been active in one of the ruins there and so I took a few pictures for reference. You never know when these things might come in handy!

All the best

Andrew

Andrew Harvey

Hello Alextheyellowthing, If by 'Tag' you mean the graffiti, I used enamel paint and one of my fine brushes. Mmmm, not the finest mine you- I reserve the Kolinski's for much better things!
  Alternatively, if you mean the stereo picture, they are easy, you just need a left eye view and a right eye view which you get by simply moving the camera incrementally from the left to the right. Its good to practice standing up, you  put your weight on the left leg, then the right for the next shot. Taking care to keep a centre point and not moving in too much of a curve.
  I then reduced the size of both pictures and put them side by side on a new file with paintshop. Some of your own outdoor shot would work very well in stereo or anaglyph.
  Andrew