Apr 20, 2024, 03:15 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Romana Inspired FX Sonic

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Nov 22, 2020, 11:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Hordriss

I haven't got this in hand yet but I designed it to be similar to Romana's sonic screwdriver and it has been made for me by eBay user dhprops88. I couldn't wait to post the pictures. As well as lights it has sound effects. I may do some weathering to bring out the lines more but I'm very happy with how it looks.

received_693356911576391.jpeg

received_723303445281648.jpeg

received_865615484246471.jpeg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

davidnagel

I like that, very 70s with the lights!
Regards
David

Cardinal Hordriss

Thanks. It took me a while to decide on the colour for the LEDs. Green and yellow would have been more in keeping with the Romana prop but I wasn't happy with the look as I was drawing it up and this way it's more uniquely mine.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Cardinal Hordriss

I've painted in the machined lines and added a nicer green. Just a reminder this is only meant to be based on Romana's sonic and not a replica of hit - for one thing mine has light and sound effects lol.

20210408_193004.jpg

Cardinal Hordriss

alexcutler

It's wonderful, and yet it feels so wrong to see a blokes hand handling Romana's sonic... Could you put on some tasteful nail varnish? ;-)

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: alexcutler on Feb 19, 2024, 12:32 amIt's wonderful, and yet it feels so wrong to see a blokes hand handling Romana's sonic... Could you put on some tasteful nail varnish? ;-)

I'm a delicate little flower with very feminine hands so I'm sure it will be fine.

Volpone

Feb 22, 2024, 02:52 pm #7 Last Edit: Feb 24, 2024, 02:42 am by Volpone
Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Feb 22, 2024, 05:10 am
Quote from: alexcutler on Feb 19, 2024, 12:32 amIt's wonderful, and yet it feels so wrong to see a blokes hand handling Romana's sonic... Could you put on some tasteful nail varnish? ;-)

I'm a delicate little flower with very feminine hands so I'm sure it will be fine.
Ooh, that's right.  Be careful what you wish for, or Russell will have to dig out his Romana cosplay photos.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

russellsuthern