Apr 26, 2024, 02:46 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

1/17th scale Police Box plans

Started by Andrew Harvey, Oct 17, 2021, 04:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

Oct 17, 2021, 04:39 pm Last Edit: Oct 17, 2021, 04:45 pm by Andrew Harvey
Okay, some years ago I spent several nights tidying up the original Police box plans by Gilbert Macenzie Trench, in order to build card/ balsa or plastic card models in the same scale as most action figures. There seems to be some variation in this scale, ranging from 1/16th, to 1/18th, so Ive gone splat in the middle. They look alright with most figurines in this scale.
  Ever one for saving waste paper, plastic and wood, I have crowded the drawings together, but anyone with any experience in model making will be able to build these Boxes from my plans with reletive ease. All you need is a sharp scalpel, PVA glue, and plenty of patience. I have not included dotted lines forscoring, as the places where this is required will be obvious to the builder. I have also not bothered with 'tabs' as you will be able to use off cuts of card for better fitting componants.
  Ive arranged the plans to be printed at A4, and I recommend using 290gsm card. This will give the required depth to the various panels.
  So here you go. I hope that you all have a go and I would love to see the results in some future.....
  Good luck.

Police Box 1-17th (2).jpgPolice Box 1-17th (3).jpgPolice Box 1-17th (4).jpgPolice Box 1-17th (5).jpgPolice Box 1-17th (6).jpgPolice Box 1-17th (7).jpg