Apr 16, 2024, 08:43 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My TARDIS

Started by robert meakin, Feb 29, 2020, 10:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

robert meakin

Hell Everyone, I'm new here.
My name is Rob, I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, and I'm in the process of beginning my TARDIS Build but first I'm going to begin with the electronic side of it.
My plan is to have my TARDIS built with sound and lights. I.E Press a button and the lamp lights up in time with the materialization sound and vice versa with the de-materialization sound.
With that said, I have seen videos on YouTube that explains what I will need: 12v Battery, soundboard circuit, speakers etc. But After that I don't know much else. Please could you help me create a list of the specific electronic parts I will need for my project?
Thanks for your time. And also the TARDIS I desire to build is the 2005 TARDIS.
I look forward to sharing my progress with all of you.
Thanks again.
Your fellow Whovian
Robert Meakin[attachid]1_SiLlY2udY-6kQP1FHqaJWw.jpg[/attachid][attachid]maxresdefault.jpg[/attachid]

robert meakin

Hell Everyone, I'm new here.
My name is Rob, I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, and I'm in the process of beginning my TARDIS Build but first I'm going to begin with the electronic side of it.
My plan is to have my TARDIS built with sound and lights. I.E Press a button and the lamp lights up in time with the materialization sound and vice versa with the de-materialization sound.
With that said, I have seen videos on YouTube that explains what I will need: 12v Battery, soundboard circuit, speakers etc. But After that I don't know much else. Please could you help me create a list of the specific electronic parts I will need for my project?
Thanks for your time. And also the TARDIS I desire to build is the 2005 TARDIS.
I look forward to sharing my progress with all of you.
Thanks again.
Your fellow Whovian
Robert Meakin

russellsuthern

Welcome to TB.
I can't help you with the electronics side- that's not my forte, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Good luck with your build anyway.

Russell

phillbarron

I did mine the simplest way possible: ripped the electronics out of a toy TARDIS.

Button, speaker, synchronised flashing light and sound chip all ready to go.

It may not be the most elegant solution, but it's the easiest and probably the cheapest too.

Volpone

:o You are my hero.  Brilliant.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

domvar

Mar 02, 2020, 01:24 pm #5 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2020, 01:26 pm by domvar
Hi Rob,

Welcome to Tardis builders.  I have merged the Two Topics as they had the same post.  Hang fire on posting in the workshop until you have begun planning your build as that section is more for the technical aspects of a build drawings photoes of progress etc.

I have left the duplicate in this thread so you can still see all the post likes and replies accross both.

Hope that is all ok, I look forward to seeing your future posts and your build starting.

Dom