Mar 19, 2024, 06:14 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

8th Doctor Support Pillars

Started by ciderman, Aug 11, 2020, 10:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ciderman

I was watching Lexx series 3 episode 'May'on YouTube when I noticed at about 15 minutes in what appears to be the iron girders from the TV movies console room. Are they the same reused or just a similarity?Screenshot_20200811_224908_com.google.android.youtube.jpgWhat do you think?...

davidnagel

I remember Dino saying something like this. So have sinde assumed they are one and the same.
If I recall, there are some production details that are the same as the TV movie...?
Regards
David

ciderman

Well Lexx was a Canadian/German production so they could have been stored in the area. The TV movie was filmed in Canada I believe?

cobalt

Aug 11, 2020, 10:22 pm #3 Last Edit: Aug 11, 2020, 10:29 pm by cobalt
No, that's not them. The ones from the console room had open ends with a criss-cross latticework pattern down the whole length. The sides with the circles also weren't as heavily indented.

cobalt

The real McCoy (nay, McGann):
dvd113-.jpg

davidnagel

Given how much the bottom has been adapted, it wouldn't surprise me that they covered the latticing up.
Regards
David

timewomble

I really don't think they're the same. The gaps between the round holes look much larger on the Lexx ones to me.

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: timewomble on Aug 12, 2020, 11:33 pmI really don't think they're the same. The gaps between the round holes look much larger on the Lexx ones to me.
That's what I was going to say. the spacing is different.