Apr 27, 2024, 10:12 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Dematerialisation Circuit

Started by Teletran, Dec 08, 2010, 10:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Mar 01, 2018, 06:28 pm #45 Last Edit: Mar 01, 2018, 06:29 pm by galacticprobe
Well, it all depends on what you're most comfortable with. Tony uses Paint and is beyond description with his pixel counting. Other people use drawing aids like CAD (and others I can't remember) that can tell you what the measurements are by using the measuring tools; I've read how they did it, but I can't remember it all and hopefully I'm at least getting the idea across.

Me? I print things like this out and make a measuring device with a strip of paper and ruler to help mark increments out on the paper. (I used to have a Y-shaped ruler, giving me six different measuring graticules (if that's the right word - it's the only one I could think of), and most times I would find one of those sides lined up perfectly for something like this. I know that ruler is still around somewhere; I just can't find it.)

If you can count pixels in Paint, then you're several steps ahead of me. My eyes just can't do that anymore. (Too much of that small electronic work for too many years.)

I hope some of this babbling is helpful.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

karsthotep

Mar 01, 2018, 07:21 pm #46 Last Edit: Mar 01, 2018, 07:31 pm by karsthotep
Well I pinged Brian (Terrasolo) on this and he was able to do an angle match with the Mooncrest models version vs the image posted and there is a significate size difference in the width at the said angle, the height is still off but not by as much.  I am posting the picture Brian generated and thanks to Brian for taking care of that for me.

MCMR = MoonCrest Models Replica

Demat angle matched.png
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

davidnagel

Not that it'll make much difference but you could use the diameter of the tubes (which I believe is a knownish measurement) and run that in relation to the circuit.
I think, by me just eyeballing it now, that it'll be just a tad smaller than you have it there Karsp
Regards
David

karsthotep

Mar 02, 2018, 11:36 am #48 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2018, 02:21 pm by karsthotep
I think the original tubes were slightly larger than 4 inches, from what I read in another thread, I'll have to dig up that measurement and we can see what that does to the measurements for the circuit

NOTE: found the thread, the tubes are 4 inches,  all current tubes available are slightly smaller than 4 inches or 100 mm compared to exact size of 101.6mm
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

warmcanofcoke

A new Previously overlooked image has come to light.
Doctor and the TARDIS.jpgDoctor and the TARDIS.jpg
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.