Apr 19, 2024, 02:03 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

David Bradley Box II (Christmas Special 2017)

Started by d0ct0r200004, Jul 24, 2017, 12:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

herr_dokter

20200127_131820.jpg

A bigger lamp? Or is that an illusion?

-Herr Dokter, esq.

Angelus Lupus

Could it be the lamp they put on the War Doctor's Tardis after they moved it to the Experience?
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

lorisarvendu

Jan 27, 2020, 03:53 pm #62 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2020, 03:55 pm by lorisarvendu
That looks very much like
Spoiler
the "other" TARDIS In "Fugitive of the Judoon."
[close]

Kingpin

Jan 27, 2020, 09:15 pm #63 Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:14 pm by Kingpin
Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Jan 27, 2020, 02:43 pmCould it be the lamp they put on the War Doctor's Tardis after they moved it to the Experience?

Looks to be the standard lamp on the prop:

01.jpg

Whilst the War Doctor's TARDIS had a TYJ-style lamp:

War_Doctor_TARDIS.jpg

drstanlaurel

Angelus Lupus

Jan 27, 2020, 11:59 pm #65 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2020, 12:00 am by Angelus Lupus
Quote from: Kingpin on Jan 27, 2020, 09:15 pm

Looks to be the standard lamp on the prop:

Yeah, I think you're right. It's probably an optical illusion, or something, because it looks so much bigger in proportion to the box than the one on Jodie's Tardis.
I'm assuming it's simply a case of wanting it to look different (but not too much) and this is the prop they had spare.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

fivefingeredstyre

Great to see the prop in this weeks episode. Im sure I remember it being listed for sale after Twice Upon a Time on one of the usual websites. Can't seem to find the link now...

anthonydr

It was presumably taken down after the BBC asked for it back for the episode.

fivefingeredstyre

Dec 19, 2020, 08:56 am #68 Last Edit: Dec 19, 2020, 08:58 am by fivefingeredstyre
Quote from: anthonydr on Dec 17, 2020, 09:32 pmIt was presumably taken down after the BBC asked for it back for the episode.
Or it was bought by someone and borrowed back by the BBC? Mind you you would have to be a bit bonkers to lend it to them I've heard reports from first hand sources that they are very heavy handed with scenery

anthonydr

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Dec 19, 2020, 08:56 am
Quote from: anthonydr on Dec 17, 2020, 09:32 pmIt was presumably taken down after the BBC asked for it back for the episode.
Or it was bought by someone and borrowed back by the BBC? Mind you you would have to be a bit bonkers to lend it to them I've heard reports from first hand sources that they are very heavy handed with scenery

Glad to know some things never change at the BBC.

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

ThymeLorde

A friend of mine just sent me this picture. Apparently it's from the Time Fracture performances. Is it the David Bradley II/Ruth TARDIS, or is it a new build? It looks strikingly similar to the one we've already seen, especially the texturing.

Time Fracture TARDIS.jpg
"An apple a day keeps the... no, never mind."

Kingpin

Quote from: ThymeLorde on May 27, 2021, 01:59 pmIs it the David Bradley II/Ruth TARDIS, or is it a new build? It looks strikingly similar to the one we've already seen, especially the texturing.

The TARDIS prop at Time Fracture appears to be the Bradley/Martin box, here's a comparison on texture patterns on the two boxes:

Bradley_Box_4.png
Bradley_Box_5.png
Bradley_Box_3.png

anthonydr

I wonder where this prop is now?, probably in storage.