New, New TardisBuilders!

Motherwell Police Box

Started by mikey, May 11, 2020, 03:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

May 11, 2020, 03:09 pm Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:54 pm by mikey
Motherwell and Wishaw Burgh Police apparently had 30 boxes in the 1930s

536F68F3-DD3C-42DD-8F9F-EA00DEAF76FB.jpeg
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

Jam Jar Lurker

Intrigued by this as I live near Motherwell (Coatbridge, which had the Glasgow style boxes).

BTW Do you know who made Motherwell?

The Doctor.

(Couldn't resist.)
"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

mikey

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

mikey

Quote from: Jam Jar Lurker on Jul 18, 2020, 07:19 amIntrigued by this as I live near Motherwell (Coatbridge, which had the Glasgow style boxes).

Found a bit more info on these boxes. They where installed in 1929 so long before the Trench boxes in Glasgow and Coatbridge. They had a 4 sided green signal light which I guess was similar to the ones used in Swansea and Exeter. The public phone panel was a sliding door rather than a cupboard type door.

Jam Jar Lurker

"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."