Apr 18, 2024, 01:31 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

the tardis main doors

Started by Teletran, May 24, 2006, 02:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

omarvance

Thank you! I'm trying to decide if I want to attempt a wall section. I have no idea how I'd make the discs. I don't do fiberglass/plastic/3D printing. :(

But it's gonna suck cutting out a ton of circles into plywood.....

galacticprobe

Jul 14, 2016, 06:20 am #211 Last Edit: Jul 14, 2016, 06:21 am by galacticprobe
Omarvance, do you know anyone or have a friend that does any vac-forming? You could make a master ("plug") of one roundel from wood, and then have your friend vac-form as many as you need. It's how the originals were made. You would just have to supply the plastic for it, and I'm sure that anyone you might know that does vac-forming would know of a good place to get enough to make the required number.

Just a thought. (Of course, later on in the Hartnell era, those "bucket-like" roundels were replaced with flat, frosted perspex discs. That would be another option to consider.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

omarvance

Tony, I'm sorry if I'm missing it here but what is the distance horizontally between the roundels? Is that 2" as well? I'm referring to the four column roundel wall, not the door wall.

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Jul 13, 2016, 04:11 pm
After a bit of hunting, I found these for you Omarvance:

InteriorDoor_zps05cb9fd9.jpgTardisDoorunitsB_zps713752a1.jpgTardisScannerwith4wallEdit4_zpsa68fd4a6.jpgSeason_15Roundels_zpse4bcd99a.jpg

T

tony farrell

Hi Omar,

The only part of these 'drawings' which is mine are the dimensions of the Tardis' double-doors - apart from the overhead studio diagram, the remainder belong to Nathan/Warmcanofcoke and are his work.

I do remember pointing out to Nathan that the half-roundels at the top and bottom of the four-column walls on the remainder of his drawings/renders shouldn't - in fact - be full the semi-circles he'd 'drawn' but, I'm sorry, I can never find his thread here on TB; I don't therefore know if he changed that small aspect.

Nathan is a really nice chap and is very approachable; perhaps it might be best to send him a message. Alternatively, someone might 'chip in' and post a link to the relevant topic.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

T

galacticprobe

Aug 02, 2016, 06:04 pm #214 Last Edit: Aug 02, 2016, 06:05 pm by galacticprobe
I think this is the thread Tony is referring to: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4506.msg52054#msg52054. (At least it was the only one I could find with those images of the walls and roundels in it.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"