Mar 09, 2021, 04:07 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Jam Jar Lurker's Golden TARDIS

Started by Jam Jar Lurker, Mar 27, 2020, 07:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jam Jar Lurker

Quote from: BoundryHopper on Oct 10, 2020, 11:01 pmThe second film was far to slapstick for for me, it was more like a Carry On Doctor (Who?) film.
I think the comedy in both films was a bit painful, but especially in the second; it really doesn't sit well with the generally more sombre tone.

Francis
"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

Jam Jar Lurker

Oct 12, 2020, 01:29 pm #181 Last Edit: Oct 12, 2020, 01:41 pm by Jam Jar Lurker
Quote from: redfern on Oct 10, 2020, 06:54 pmAlas, I think some people become more concerned how things "fit together" (canon, continuity, whatever word one prefers) than just enjoying an entertaining romp.

I'd heard about the plans to explain the films in the 50th anniversary special. I'm glad they didn't. Some of the attempts to reconcile continuity issues are beyond painful. I remember reading Jean-Marc Lofficier's "The Nth Doctor" years ago. It's a history of the Development Hell of the unmade 80s/90s movie and the eventual TV movie.

What's utterly mindblowing is the effort he's gone to to reconcile each draft of each plot to the classic series. Utterly pointless as some of these scripts were intended as reboots... and in any event, none of them were ever made. But even more dumfounding were his attempts to reconcile all these alternative projects to one another!

Fortunately no one's ever felt the need to explain the Morbius Doctors in a primetime TV episode...
"Have courage, and be kind... Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic."

Jam Jar Lurker

Inspired by Russell SuthernIMG_20201018_223817_925.jpgIMG_20201018_230802_261.jpgIMG_20201018_224642_814.jpgIMG_20201018_225003_465.jpg

russellsuthern

Ha!
Fame at last!

Glad my little thread has inspired you to post these great photos!

They are very atmospheric!   ;D

Regards,

Russell

Jam Jar Lurker

Quote from: redfern on Oct 10, 2020, 06:54 pmAlas, I think some people become more concerned how things "fit together" (canon, continuity, whatever word one prefers) than just enjoying an entertaining romp.
71392._UY500_SS500_.jpgThere surely can't be more convoluted continuity than John Peel's undestroying of Skaro in the War of the Daleks novel.

One wonders if we were to talk to Mr Peel about the day he came up with the idea, could we call the interview "Remembrance of the Day of the Genesis of the Masterplan of the Revelation of the Resurrection of the Dead Planet of the Daleks"?

I think we should be told.

Jam Jar Lurker

On A Cold and Frosty Morning

Welcome to Iceworld!PSX_20201129_083205.jpg

kutan66

Hmm.. may have to get the icing sugar out and give mine a snowy dusting soon!

Flashinuri

Those interiors are pretty cool in my novice builder's eye.