Apr 27, 2024, 05:14 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Russell's TARDIS

Started by russellsuthern, Jun 15, 2014, 09:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bollo

Your TARDIS has always been one of my favourite builds on here. Such a shame.

If you can at least salvage a single wall, maybe it can find a home against a wall or fence in your back garden? Nothing wrong with a 2DIS!

More importantly (such sacrilege, I know!) I hope you find a suitable premises for your classes.

russellsuthern

Well, she certainly went with a bang, but not the kind I'd hoped!
There was quite a crash as she hit the ground!
Unfortunately I didn't manage to rescue anything of note, but that's fine.
If I ever do get a chance to build a new one I'll be quite happy to start from scratch.

Regarding the Youth centre, I am quite sad to be leaving after 20 years, but TBH, the place was so decrepit it was putting off new students from coming, so it really was time for a change.

I have booked a room at a local college for a couple of nights a week for now, but I'm not sure which way I'm going to go.
It is very hard to find full time spaces for anything like a reasonable price these days, & even if you can find a place, the constant stress of maintenance, keeping up with the fees, finding new students etc can be very draining.

So I think I'll just be happy renting a space & letting someone else take the strain for a while!

Regards,

Russell

TG

Just seen the pictures and I'm so sorry to see what's happened Russell, I feel for you.
Such an amazing build, it will be missed by everyone.
You'll always be a Tardis builder and hopefully, one day, build again.
So sad.

russellsuthern

Thanks for your kind words and support.
 :)

fivefingeredstyre

What? What?? WHAT???

Just so gutted right now... Those pictures actually hurt, Russ!

I hope you can keep the studio going, at least...

russellsuthern

Thanks.
It was a shock, to say the least...
There I am, pootling along as usual, then I get a message saying, "Hi Russell. We're going to knock down the Youth Centre... Alright with you?!"

Just goes to show, you never know what's round the corner...

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Russell

davidnagel

Noooooooooo
And I never met it 😭😔😭😔
Regards
David

russellsuthern

I know....

But I feel I do need to warn you... If ever yours goes missing, you might want to start your search in my back garden... ;)  ;D

saintcar

Sorry to hear about this. Such a shame.

russell glen

Quote from: russellsuthern on Sep 02, 2023, 04:58 amThanks.
It was a shock, to say the least...
There I am, pootling along as usual, then I get a message saying, "Hi Russell. We're going to knock down the Youth Centre... Alright with you?!"

Just goes to show, you never know what's round the corner...

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Russell
I presume that some greedy property developer wants to make a fast buck, i hate them !