Apr 20, 2024, 01:58 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

80s roundels

Started by vortexvisuals, Mar 10, 2020, 12:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vortexvisuals

I'm still making new roundels for the overall image, but I think I'm going to add a Battlefield roundel for a laugh

Volpone

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Apr 02, 2020, 06:37 am
Here is a screenshot from Battlefield

console-s26.jpg

Ye gods, that's terrible.  It's funny, because I've seen "Battlefield" a few times over the past few years and not only did I not notice that, but I couldn't actually think of any console room scenes in it. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

redfern

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Apr 02, 2020, 06:37 am
Here is a screenshot from Battlefield

console-s26.jpg

Yeah, even if nobody had informed me that was a draped backdrop, if I saw that scene for the first time now, I wouldn't be sure exactly what was "off", but I suspect was "odd".  Probably because the "roundels" are totally featureless compared to the "grooved" discs of the late 70s onwards.  I might think they had gone back to the smooth elements from the Hartnell era, but even then I'd be scratching my head, thinking, "It's something beyond that."

Sincerely,

Bill

vortexvisuals

I'll be adding more roundels but thought I'd share the story so far...

Can you name all of the stories the roundels are from?

roundel3_reduced.jpg

hartnell_era_builder

Left is Terminus if memory serves.
Middle is Castrovalva along with the top right.
Middle right is Attack of the cybermen isnt it?

multiversesentai

Apr 07, 2020, 02:33 am #20 Last Edit: Apr 07, 2020, 02:34 am by multiversesentai
Quote from: hartnell_era_builder on Apr 06, 2020, 10:06 pm

Nope, it's from the deleted scene in "The Awakening"Awakening%20003_zpsfctvutih.jpgAwakening%20004_zps7p1boiba.jpgmakingof2.jpg

ChameleonCircuit

Looks wonderful so far
"Physician, heal thyself..."
-Paul McGann, Night of The Doctor.

hartnell_era_builder

Quote from: multiversesentai on Apr 07, 2020, 02:33 am
Quote from: hartnell_era_builder on Apr 06, 2020, 10:06 pm

Nope, it's from the deleted scene in "The Awakening"Awakening%20003_zpsfctvutih.jpgAwakening%20004_zps7p1boiba.jpgmakingof2.jpg

Oh yes thats right. I havent really paid attention to the deleted scenes. I really must watch them again. Thank you for correcting me.  :)