Feb 28, 2021, 10:44 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The TARDIS Toolbox (2020 version)

Started by Kingpin, Jan 20, 2020, 10:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

Jan 20, 2020, 10:48 pm Last Edit: Feb 10, 2020, 08:09 am by Kingpin
A welcome return (and an athesthetically pleasing update) of the TARDIS toolkit. :)

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

warmcanofcoke

That is a very sturdy handle. Did I see it on a previous series prop? It seams familiar.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Angelus Lupus

Quote from: Kingpin on Jan 20, 2020, 10:48 pm
12.jpg

The tool in the Doctor's left hand looks like a modified.. whadjamacallit, that thing some people briefly thought might be the basis for the 3rd Doctor's Sonic... a chiropractors tool!
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Cardinal Hordriss

I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

warmcanofcoke

The thing on the left looks like a TOS hypospray.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Cardinal Hordriss

I think they may have also been spinal activators with a cup on the bottom to fit drug ampules into.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

douglas442

Quote from: Kingpin on Jan 20, 2020, 10:48 pm
A welcome return (and an athesthetically pleasing update) of the TARDIS toolkit. :)

... and also that this was done utilizing the backdrop of Wardenclyffe!

I must say... it's certainly great of the writers to have come up with a story helping to give a boost to the efforts of the folks involved in establishing the new Tesla Science Center!

---------------------------
"Time can paint the Treetops with Colors of the Rainbow... but you cannot find the End, no matter how you try." -Kate Wolf

"... and I find myself on the Mountainside, where the Rivers change direction, across The Great Divide." -Kate Wolf

Vale

The toolkit looks like it was built from the stripped chassis of an Alienware Area-51 gaming PC.

alienware_area_51_custom_pc_case_desktop_chasis_1547013994_500d76b22.jpeg

Cardinal Hordriss

Lucky find for prop builders given the rarity and cost of those computers.

Vale

The cases pop up on eBay occasionally. I suspect there's a third party that manufactures similar cases (or maybe even the actual chassis that Alienware just attach custom plastic parts to), but I haven't been able to track it down.