Spyfall : Dafydd Shurmer/Darryl Hammer The Master's Console

Started by Kingpin, Jan 17, 2020, 10:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

Jan 17, 2020, 10:33 pm Last Edit: Feb 07, 2023, 08:00 am by warmcanofcoke
I've listed both the series Production Designer Dafydd Shurmer, and the South African Production Designer Darryl Hammer as it's unknown yet which of the two was responsible for the design of the Master's TARDIS console.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg

Angelus Lupus

Maybe it's because we didn't see it for very long, or I wasn't paying attention, but I missed that the 'red glowy-thingy and round table' combo was likely the console and time rotor.

Side note - Is this the first time in the shows history that the Master's console room has been radically different to the Doctor's? (Minor changes to rotor or lighting notwithstanding)
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

klamath

Did he somehow apply the chameleon circuit to the inside of the TARDIS to match the outside? It raises questions about how much control a Time Lord has over the interior of their TARDIS. The Doctor's TARDIS has changed its interior itself more than once (at the start of Eleven and Thirteen's runs), Two famously pointed out that Three had 'been doing the place up a bit', and Twelve seemed to suggest to Clara at the start of his run that he had redecorated.

Cardinal Hordriss

It made me think of Chronotis's TARDIS in terms of the interior being disguised as a normal, if cluttered, living space.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Kingpin

Jan 18, 2020, 01:12 pm #4 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2020, 01:13 pm by Kingpin
Quote from: Angelus Lupus on Jan 17, 2020, 10:51 pm
but I missed that the 'red glowy-thingy and round table' combo was likely the console and time rotor.

It's not explicitly stated, but I think it's implicitly suggested it's the main control Console... Though I feel it could've done with more actual buttons*

*In that regard, it reminds me of how control-free the Rani's first TARDIS console was... Maybe by the time TARDIS design had reached the level of development present in the craft stolen by the Rani (not including Dimensions in Time and Missy/Master #7, had a console that was activated more by telepathically/touch sensitively/Theremin-like controls than physical buttons...