Mar 29, 2024, 06:11 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

T35 Hanworth Road, north side opposite Powder Mill Lane

Started by dr hue, Jan 04, 2020, 03:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dr hue

Don't remember seeing this picture on this site before.

Is this T35 ?

Hanworth Road, north side opposite Powder Mill Lane

hounslow-unknown-pb-c0-uk.png

It could be standing in front of Allotment Gardens as shown on map. Can't see any buildings.

Map 1963:

t35-map-1963-png.png

Google image:

google-t35-png-s.png

Found it on

http://www.policeboxes.co.uk/

It was photographed in 1965 by Mike Rymill during a visit to Hounslow.

Its not T37 or T38

I don't think its T36, T39 or T40

peterjohn

I have this photo listed as T36 Hanworth Road, Hounslow [c1965]  in my collection

PJ

dr hue

Do you have a photo with more of the surrounding area ?

I'd not seen this photo on this site before and T35 has no photo with it.

Google Picture:

t36-google-png.png

This has buildings in background the other seemed more probable unless I'm missing something.

What makes you think its T36 ?

peterjohn

Quote from: dr hue on Jan 04, 2020, 06:23 pm

It was sent to me a few years back and was already titled " T36 Hanworth Road, Hounslow [c1965]"
I can't remember who sent it to me but I recognised it when you uploaded it (same size)
I don't think there is enough "background" to confirm or deny any location really for this one though... ???

dr hue

Jan 04, 2020, 11:00 pm #4 Last Edit: Jan 06, 2020, 06:53 am by dr hue
I still think T35 looks more like it. Its still Hanworth Road.

Looks like a path going off diagonally at right and house border post on left in the B/W photo.  See map above ^

Which I can't relate to T36 map below:
tt36a-map-1962.png

tt36b-google-4-1008-png.png

Dalekoracle

Quote from: peterjohn on Jan 04, 2020, 07:06 pm
Quote from: dr hue on Jan 04, 2020, 06:23 pm

It was sent to me a few years back and was already titled " T36 Hanworth Road, Hounslow [c1965]"
I can't remember who sent it to me but I recognised it when you uploaded it (same size)
I don't think there is enough "background" to confirm or deny any location really for this one though... ???

Mike sent me a copy of this a while back (together with a photographic print from his negative) and I remember that the jury was out because there was too little in the background surrounding the box in the photo to make a positive ID.

All we had to go on was the photo and Mike's recollections from when he was a lad, and T36 did seem to be the one he recalled seeing. Thing is... I simply can't find the thread on here! I know that as threads are tidied up and moved around but buggered if I can find it!

Mark

dr hue

Jan 06, 2020, 10:15 pm #6 Last Edit: Jan 07, 2020, 07:00 am by dr hue
1934 Picture before Powder Mill Lane Box installed T35 Reverse angle.

t35not-from-air-1934-png.png

Note Pole behind box, Typical Picket fence of Allotment ( not seen in 1934 pic ), Boundary Post of Property, diagonal path and bush behind box see map at top of thread.

T35-large-photo-png.png

T36 is out in the open and should have buildings behind it in my opinion. Generally don't have picket fences at cross roads.

Distance between both boxes 923 metres. Same road Hanworth, same side.
Allotment road was more of a track/path back then.

domvar

I think that looks conclusive enough to tie it to t35 for the moment (nothing that can't be changed later)

dr hue

Mar 08, 2020, 01:08 pm #8 Last Edit: Mar 08, 2020, 01:09 pm by dr hue
Thanks Domvar for adding to database.

I contacted  Gavin, whose farther took the picture, and he replied:

"Thanks for the note on the police box.
Funnily enough we've not long come to the same conclusion and the modern street didn't quite fit my dad's memory as it's been redeveloped."