Apr 25, 2024, 06:22 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Photographic blow-up walls

Started by lespaceplie, May 15, 2008, 10:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chonovore

Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Jan 27, 2013, 12:05 am
I see what you mean about the walls being irregular - the insides of the inner circles are ruff.
chased005A_zpsf3bdc115.jpg
(The Chase)

chased000A_zps520e1d61.jpg

Have you noticed that the roundels appear to be 'recessed' in one picture, but look as though they 'protrude' in the other?
One possible reason for the 'roughness' of the roundels in the photo walls is that if they are indeed a photographic blown up image
of a small moulding, then the moulding may not have been perfectly cast, or was so small that it didn't need to be 100% perfect as
the imperfections were too small to be noteworthy?

kiwidoc

Quote from: Chronovore on Jan 28, 2013, 02:18 pm
Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Jan 27, 2013, 12:05 am
I see what you mean about the walls being irregular - the insides of the inner circles are ruff.
chased005A_zpsf3bdc115.jpg
(The Chase)

chased000A_zps520e1d61.jpg

Have you noticed that the roundels appear to be 'recessed' in one picture, but look as though they 'protrude' in the other?

Funny isn't it - the shading makes such a difference to how we see things and like 'Magic eye' pictures, once seen, your brain keeps seeing it.   In this case I think the walls are upside down in the Chesterton picture so the shading makes your brain see it as an out-y instead of an in-y.

lespaceplie

This might not be the exact thread for this info (could be in multiple places, really), but here goes.

Spoonflower has wallpaper printing capabilities of 24in x 12ft (61cm x 3.6m) rolls / $5 per linear foot. Should a decent resolution image of the original texture be cleaned up or convincingly recreated, printing the pattern is certainly feasible. Of course, 3DFX Wallpaper might produce it sooner or later.

tony farrell

Hi,
I think Tom (Kert Gantry) is working on renders of the blow-up walls.
Tony