Apr 16, 2024, 12:41 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

BBC Studio Set circa 1982/3

Started by timerotor, Mar 23, 2008, 05:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

That's a great picture! Do you know what story it's from? Or can we guess by the sets hanging in the shadows? :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Rassilons Rod

Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

Apr 26, 2012, 09:55 pm #18 Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012, 09:57 pm by warmcanofcoke
The Head Master's office has a Gallifreyan Regenerator  :P
The Head Master's office has a Transmat capsule

warmcanofcoke

deck5

Neat!  Ran it through a refocusing app.

consoleroom-f.jpg

galacticprobe

May 08, 2012, 05:16 am #21 Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:17 am by galacticprobe
Wow. Those wall sections with the monitor screen and the interior door look as if they're set almost flat to each other. And that lighted roundel wall to the left of the monitor looks like it's nearly as flat with the monitor wall as well. The other walls have very clear angles to them. (Makes for a very oddly-shaped console room.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

All the photos from different stories show the set a little differently. In the Season 15 plan, it is mentioned that the walls should "slot into the gaps" in the pillars, to allow variable angles.
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

May 08, 2012, 06:03 pm #23 Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:04 pm by galacticprobe
I remember reading that - about the slots - and the above photo is a perfect example of how well that worked. I was just commenting on the odd shape they gave the console room for this episode because not long ago there was a discussion on what shape the console room had, as I think someone was planning a build (real or virtual, I can't remember). Several shapes were discussed, but I don't anyone mentioned this odd one. (Judging from the white area on the floor, if the room had all of its walls in place, I'd say this one would be egg-shaped.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

The thing is that it wouldn't be symmetrical. The interior door and the next wall are already beyond the mid point of the main doors. I think the scanner already comes about half way.

I'm doing something with the season 17 variant of this console room at the moment, as it happens. I'll post something when it's getting close to something :)
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

Mar 01, 2014, 03:52 am #25 Last Edit: Mar 07, 2014, 02:01 pm by warmcanofcoke
13335_zps2a111a91.jpg

Terminus.jpg

galacticprobe

Mar 01, 2014, 06:02 am #26 Last Edit: Mar 01, 2014, 06:06 am by galacticprobe
Wow! I know this is about the set, but I can't help noticing that Nyssa (Sarah Sutton) looks so small! Against those walls she's not even three roundels tall (and that's taking into account the spaces between roundels and the bottom roundel and floor), while The Brig's head reaches to the bottom of the 4th roundel from the floor. (Difficult to judge Tegan's height from where she's standing, but we already know Davison is close to The Brig's height.)

Dino.

superrichi1a

Out of interest, and probably a misplaced question, but anyone know what happened to the console after The Five Doctors? I'm correct in believing it was reused for The Two Doctors, yes? So what was it's ultimate fate?
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

warped in storage

Quote from: superrichi1a on Mar 01, 2014, 08:09 pm
I'm correct in believing it was reused for The Two Doctors, yes? So what was it's ultimate fate?

I read somewhere that the"five Doctors" console was used with mock-up panels on top of the "real ones" and a custom made plinth, so that it would fit. Only the Time Rotor was Original.
I'm called Stormaggeddon, Dark Lord of all... Or you can call me Warped in Storage.

warmcanofcoke

Mar 02, 2014, 01:49 am #29 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2014, 01:53 am by warmcanofcoke
Well some of the original console made it's way into the Console used in the 50th anniversary Trailer.

Quote from: watcher on Oct 22, 2013, 12:48 pm
Another pic I've been given permission to share.

This panel has the few original parts on it! Namely, the red knob, the entire co-ordinates panel in gold & the purple silver header  :)

IMG_0969_zpse36a3e03.jpg

Quote from: davidnagel on Jan 20, 2014, 01:21 pm
Someone whom worked on the trailer shared their pics with a relative, whom has then shared on tumblr, check them out here: http://theleafygirl.tumblr.com/post/72567052981/one-of-our-family-friend-is-an-art-director-who

The more interesting ones are:

tumblr_mz1llitK9l1r2c1zpo4_1280_zps4b4e7b2d.jpg

TARDIS roundel curtains!

tumblr_mz1llitK9l1r2c1zpo8_1280_zps10f01e4e.jpg

tumblr_mz1llitK9l1r2c1zpo10_1280_zpsf0d8f812.jpg

I find it kind of amazing that despite all the effort they put into getting all these costumes (Davison's jacket is a bit short there?) to me, in the end it all looked like some nice high-quality images from the Archive. Sigh.