News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Christmas Special Dalek 2020 prop

Started by Kingpin, Oct 23, 2019, 05:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

Oct 23, 2019, 05:03 pm Last Edit: Dec 31, 2022, 03:06 pm by warmcanofcoke
Spoiler
A block of filming for this year's Christmas Special has been taking place on the Clifton Suspension Bridge (which appears to have been temporarily closed for structural work, facilitating the ability to film on the bridge itself), and a few locals spread the word about a collection of Daleks involved in the filming, including an interesting new design (which looks like a neatened up version of the "home-made" Dalek casing seen in Resolution...  It could even be the prop from the 2018/19 New Year's special with a lick of paint and a new base).

Visually, it also is somewhat reminiscent of that fantastic fan build, Dalek Storm.

75231121_159642698464121_2063835426839064607_n.jpg
_109344718_37f4fe2c-3395-4730-a0bc-cf3fa1d81273.jpg

Looks like it won't be surviving the story. :)

An intriguing development, I wonder if this will pay homage to the Daleks crossing Westminster Bridge?

[close]

redfern

Interesting!   :o

Thanks for the tidbit!  I'm sure I would have stumbled across this soon enough, but I kinda' like that I read it here first.  Only one other site would have been more appropriate, but to even name it would "give it away".

Sincerely,

Bill

superrichi1a

I feel that your assertion that this pop looks a lot like a certain fan made prop is definitely spot on. Not hard to see what the BBC copied! The similarity is so striking that it's undeniably inspired by the fan build.

And, in my honest opinion, I absolutely love it!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

Cardinal Hordriss

Looks like a repaint might be in order... although I'm more focused on the ships of Battlestar Galactica at the moment...

IMG_20190224_101524.jpg

I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

kutan66

In relation to the title of this thread..  have they decided to do a Christmas Special this year?   I thought they weren't going to.

Kingpin

Quote from: kutan66 on Oct 26, 2019, 04:18 pm
In relation to the title of this thread..  have they decided to do a Christmas Special this year?   I thought they weren't going to.

The title may proove incorrect by the time this episode's content airs, what doesn't help matters is that the BBC has not done a lot to confirm whether there will or won't be a Christmas special this year, leaving the whole thing in murky territory less than two months before the potential airdate.

If it turns out this isn't for a Christmas special, I'll amend the title.

Cardinal Hordriss

Look at their version of The War of the Worlds, it's been in the can more than a year and first trailer has only just come out. Having said that after learning it will be yet another unfaithful adaptation I'm not really looking forward to it anymore.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Volpone

Bites lip.  Hard.  Looks at calendar.  Still moderator.  Vowed not to derail posts *while* moderator.  STILL...

Best adaptation of "War of the Worlds"?  "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension."   
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

alan smithee

Quote from: kutan66 on Oct 26, 2019, 04:18 pm

Most likely, it'll be another New Year's Day special, and will either be out at the end of 2019 or the end of 2020. (The only real evidence to support that is how late it was filmed in the shooting schedule, as they only wrapped principal photography a few days ago.)