Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Mar 03, 2012, 02:12 am
here is another angle of the "switches"
093InvisibleEnemy0007.jpg
4-2-Doom.jpg

And from a thread I can't quite locate for some reason :
IMG_4586_zpsbjxkh3tu.jpg
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Cardinal Hordriss

Other Dave did a build of this console a while ago and made all the dummy switches functional switches but still accurate.

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=7542.0
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

cosmichobo02

I believe that that row of switches is decorative moulding with groves sawn into them

omarvance

Is that gold vent an actual thing or custom made?

davidnagel

Quote from: omarvance on Jan 14, 2020, 02:22 am
Is that gold vent an actual thing or custom made?

I think it was a thing once upon a time. To me (to you), it looks like one of the air vents put into houses for ventilation. Not sure how much of that was a thing back in the 70s but I grew up being aware of them.
Regards
David

themindprobe

I've been looking closely at some reference images, and I think I have some idea what the components under the dome are. It's definitely not a sure thing and there are some images that don't make complete sense with it, but here's my thought.

POE3.png
The nearest component on either side looks to be a square button like the ones on the uppermost plate on this panel. The object glowing yellow/amber directly behind it on the left is probably a piece of transparent or semitransparent plastic glowing by internal scattering/reflection (from a light embedded underneath? I don't see any other source...) There are some other pictures that could be interpreted as showing the same, and that there's probably a matching piece on the right:

hires.jpg 081PlanetofEvil0009.jpg 

I've interpreted them as showing a dark region underneath the bracket, and more speculatively a small, round button (?) nestled in it.
render.png

weird.png
Stray shapes look like they could be reflections in most pictures but I have no idea what's going on here. Thoughts?