New, New TardisBuilders!

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V

Started by elkad, Sep 17, 2019, 09:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkad

Sep 17, 2019, 09:10 pm Last Edit: Sep 17, 2019, 09:36 pm by elkad
Reference: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=7464.0

Guerilla Version: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=9705.0

Its similar to the Guerilla Version but slight differences here & there.

Measuring out the emitter capacitor crystal aria.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (1).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (2).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (3).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (4).jpg

Using as piece of tape to measure out the center of the tube helps out alot.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (5).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (6).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (7).jpg

Lining up the emitter with the fin has to be straight.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (8).jpg

Emitter cap pipe pieces.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (12).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (13).jpg

I made a test PVC hole in some scrap to see how much of the fin's tab I had to cut off.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (15).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (16).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (17).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (18).jpg

Barrel battery pack cap.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (20).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (22).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (23).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (24).jpg

Measuring out were the fins go on the barrel.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (25).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (26).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (27).jpg

Emitter light crystals.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (29).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (30).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (31).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (32).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (33).jpg

I was thinking of using a tape gun handle, but I decided to use a toy revolver.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (28).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (34).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (35).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (36).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (37).jpg

Volpone

You know it's going to be an exciting build when the micrometer comes out.  Can't wait to see how it turns out.   
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

elkad

Quote from: Volpone on Sep 17, 2019, 09:46 pm
You know it's going to be an exciting build when the micrometer comes out.  Can't wait to see how it turns out.

;D How true..

elkad

Sep 21, 2019, 05:19 pm #3 Last Edit: Sep 21, 2019, 05:28 pm by elkad
For the battery pack, its difficult to line up the hole of the cap, barrel & battery pack to drill a straight hole. BUT! There a way to line it up. Take the cap, put a scrap piece of pipe that's the same as the barrel, smaller in length of the battery pack. Put the battery pack together with the cap & scrap, add some paper or double sided sticky tape to hole it temporary & drill as far as to get threw one half of the pipes. Stick the holding pin in that half to hold it & drill the other side. "TIP", if you take it apart, mark both the cap & battery pack to make sure the pin lines up right.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (38).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (39).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (41).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (42).jpg

Next we make the battery pack elements. First drill a hole in the center of a dowel then Lathe it down to fit in the pipe.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (40).jpg

I used some CAT cable copper wire, ( I forgot the gauge,). Sanded it down, wrapped in a spiral for the negative element. To make a better contact I soldered the element. (I'm glad I got solder paste, this helps out allot. Without it I would have burnt the wood dowel just to get the solder on.)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (43).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (44).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (45).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (46).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (48).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (49).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (47).jpg

For the other element, I stretched out a spring & soldered that.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (50).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (51).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (52).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (53).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (54).jpg

I measured out my first disintegrator target barrel brace to make another for this one.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (55).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (56).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (57).jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to mount the gun handle to the barrel. Not easy. I stenciled out the handle in paper & worked out the holes & anchor points...... Now what...? (Thinking.... ??? ??? ??? )

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (58).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (59).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (60).jpg

elkad

Sep 25, 2019, 08:30 pm #4 Last Edit: Sep 25, 2019, 08:34 pm by elkad
I forgot to mark the center line of the bottom of the gun. And mark the emitter target center line.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (61).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (62).jpg

I made two PVC slits to mark out space out the extra PVC connecting the gun handle to the barrel. If I don't the PVC will stick to the battery pack inside or be lop-sided.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (63).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (64).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (65).jpg

I made out a cardboard template for the triangle like spacer for the barrel. (its like the square space of the other disintegrator, that looks like revolver body.)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (66).jpg

I cut fore 9 1/2" 1/8" wood dowel for the decorative metal rods on the side of the gun, set in pair's.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (67).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (68).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (69).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (70).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (71).jpg

elkad

Sep 29, 2019, 06:02 pm #5 Last Edit: Sep 29, 2019, 06:05 pm by elkad
Measure out the target emitter with half way marks & the mount line, then cut.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (72).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (73).jpg

I'm make out some temp spacers, to see If I got my measurements correct. (You know the old adage, Measure 300 times, cut once.)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (74).jpg

Cutting a gap in the line helps in folding & you don't need to use much heat to fold it. Once yo fold the PVC, cut another gap & fold again to the desired angel. When you know you have the correct angel, PVC glue it to hold the shape.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (75).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (76).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (77).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (78).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (79).jpg

I put some stenciled panels to cover the big gaps in the gun.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (80).jpg

Lets see how it looks. Nothing glued yet.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (81).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (82).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (83).jpg

Davros Skaro

Looking great! This is coming along really great, your doing a great job on this, keep up the good work.

Chris.
Chris.

elkad

Oct 01, 2019, 07:30 pm #7 Last Edit: Oct 01, 2019, 07:31 pm by elkad
Glue a little decoration on the side, the spacer & barrel & off to the emitter crystals.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (88).jpg
Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (84).jpg

The correct process in putting acrylic rod in PVC tube is. Scale down to fit, mark out the rib lines, lathe ribs, mark out a half line around the capacitor crystal, cut a line below the half line then, & drimmel down to the cut mark. (the cut in half crystal is to let the light wires free access to the emitter ends.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (85).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (86).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (87).jpg

KIT-KAT

Your really good at these
No, not the mind probe!

elkad

elkad

Oct 07, 2019, 07:54 pm #10 Last Edit: Oct 07, 2019, 08:02 pm by elkad
Made the acrylic emitter target. Lathed it on my drill to the rib point. I also made some pieces to slide the emitter on to the gun barrel. (I plan to make into a flash cotton tube igniter.)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (89).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (90).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (91).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (92).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (93).jpg

Little tip, painting should be the last step in making a prop....& I forgot... :(
I curled a piece of cardboard in the target emitter & put it on a wood dowel to keep the inside from being painted.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (94).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (95).jpg

I made some more rings with a hole saw & lathed them down. Then I added a lip plated to cover over the barrel's insert cut for the emitter to slide on.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (96).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (97).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (98).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (99).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (100).jpg

(Believe it or not this page has reached 100 pics. from this point.  Boy..! I am a bit of a shutter bug.)

Now I need to make the acrylic window on the back of the target emitter. I used the leftover acrylic from my Brainwashing Earphones prop.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (101).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (102).jpg

I needed to make a brace for the window & emitter. I didn't have the right size acrylic rod on hand so I lathe down the smallest rod. I marked out the spot ton the window, drilled it & inserted the brace rod.

I still have to work on the electronics, lighting & flash gun. And glue the silver wood rods on the side.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (103).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (104).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (105).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (106).jpg

Davros Skaro

This is looking great! Don't worry about the number of pics you've put up, with out them we wouldn't know what you meant when describing what your doing. Also we love pics.  ;) :) :D
Keep up the good work & pics. ;)

Chris.
Chris.

Volpone

Hear, hear.  Too many of us (myself included) try to document a build and, in the heat of problem solving, forget to stop and take pictures.  Or we're too busy to complete a thread we started.  So someone who takes the time to document a build is always welcome. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

elkad

Quote from: Davros Skaro on Oct 07, 2019, 10:45 pm
This is looking great! Don't worry about the number of pics you've put up, with out them we wouldn't know what you meant when describing what your doing. Also we love pics.  ;) :) :D
Keep up the good work & pics. ;)

Chris.

Well as the saying go's, "A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words", in this case..(DALEK CALCULATOR IN PROGRESS)....107000 words...give or take a few verb's.

Quote from: Volpone on Oct 08, 2019, 01:25 am
Hear, hear.  Too many of us (myself included) try to document a build and, in the heat of problem solving, forget to stop and take pictures.  Or we're too busy to complete a thread we started.  So someone who takes the time to document a build is always welcome.

Thanks.. ;D I keep my camera next to me wile I work. I sometimes wish I had one of those wall mounted cameras I could swing around & record video of my progress, but I don't have any space around the house. So, make do with what you got.  :)

elkad

Oct 09, 2019, 05:21 pm #14 Last Edit: Oct 09, 2019, 05:22 pm by elkad
It's always the same, when it comes to the wiring I need to add more holes to lead the wires. I found where the wires go in the back. They were rubbing up against the battery cap & needed to make a side cut on the brace to give the wire & cap room. I looked closely at the prop screencaps & it has the same cut.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (107).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (108).jpg

I wired up the igniter to the LED lights. Neither the lights or igniter wire lit up. (short) So, I'm going to add a toggle switch at the brace of the handle to change it from light to igniter. Unless someone here can tell me how to wire 2 AAA batters to a pare of LED's & a nichrome wire igniter?

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (109).jpg

It's going to take awhile to research an LED/Nichrome Flash Gun wiring setup. Anyway, Here's a pic of the gun so far.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (110).jpg