Apr 20, 2024, 12:27 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2005 TARDIS Model

Started by The_TARD1Sman, Sep 01, 2019, 07:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_TARD1Sman

Sep 01, 2019, 07:09 pm Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:12 am by wolf_man22
Ive decided to start a fresh here from scratch with this thread , remaking my 2005 RTD Ed thomas box model i hope you all enjoy the progress through these stages

Dalekoracle

That's a gorgeous model, and particularly loving the wood textures!

The_TARD1Sman

thank you means alot  :)

The_TARD1Sman

May 09, 2020, 07:37 am #3 Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:38 am by wolf_man22
Ive decided to start a fresh here from scratch with this thread , remaking my 2005 RTD Ed Thomas box model i hope you all enjoy the progress through these stages
starting with the corner posts of the box in previous versions ive created it was alot more straight cut and blocky which although would have been good if doing a quick low res model im aiming for realism , so including smooth surfaces small curves where the woods been cut and such and using image matching as a way of getting the dimensions align to the RL box in order for it all to match , the new corner posts have a rounded curve to the inside L shape indent compared to the previous model and the capaldi model along side it to show the differences between corner posts on top of this i aim  for all parts to match the RL prop when dismantled hence the door frame attached to the corner posts , and gaps between where parts fit together as nothing fits perfectly when separate parts
progress.jpg