May 12, 2024, 01:40 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My custom TARDIS console build

Started by type_1012_tardis, Feb 25, 2010, 10:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

type_1012_tardis

Hoping to at least have the wood portion done within the next 2 weeks (9 school days), as the CAD and Tech rooms are going to be demo'd and rebuilt then (which will take the remainder of the school year, plus most of summer break).  At least I'm close-ish to that point (just need to finish panel 1, then cut and fit the other 4 and the desk).  Still need to find a place to put it (and build a console room), but it's coming along pretty well so far.
  The controls are going to be a pain, but I do have some of the parts (mostly need the LCDs and a cr@pload of LEDs, plus some control circuitry).
  The biggest problem with prop building is always cash.  My budget is currently at $0, due to my old decrepit computer failing nearly 10 months back (even word often BSoD'd it), and still not been replaced yet (netbook doesn't count).
   Anyways... it's coming along... somewhat....
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

type_1012_tardis

Mar 15, 2010, 06:53 pm #16 Last Edit: Mar 15, 2010, 06:58 pm by type_1012_tardis
  K, got some more updates today (sry, no pics yet  :'()
 4 of the six panel edge riser thingys (between the base and panels) are now in place (in one day too!), as well as one of the five panels (a tiny desk will fill in the 6th space).
 Anyways, at this rate, I may actually be finished with the wooden parts before the CAD room is demo'd next weekend!
 Also planning to start remixing the type 40 sound FX soon (can't today, need to work on B-day list  :'()

I'll keep you posted (Oh cr*p... I just remembered that I have nowhere to put this... $@#%)

*EDIT* I just noticed... I'm the only builder in New York State (US) who's on the map... wow...  then there's the fact that I'm not even 16 yet... (will be 15 in April). *

type_1012_tardis

Got a bit more work done recently.  :)
  Also found out that someone has been intentionally damaging my project.  :o  The one panel that I had perfectly fit is gone off the face of the earth, and the string which supported the lights was cut, which took quite a long time to clean up/repair.  >:(
  At least I only need to cut 4 panels + re-cut the first one to (mostly) finish the basic build work.
  Oh, and the CAD room will be demo'd this Friday/Saturday, meaning that I have alot of cuts to make and not alot of time to do it in (4, maybe 5 40-minute class periods).  :(
  On another note, I have nowhere to put this yet....  ???  ???  ???

type_1012_tardis

Mar 27, 2010, 04:53 pm #18 Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010, 04:56 pm by type_1012_tardis
Console's (partly) done!
Got it home yesterday, and am now in the process of gathering odds and ends to use as controls and such.

Oh, and just so I don't forget to mention it, the plinth is currently hollow/storage space, but, I'm planning to (if possible) have (as far as viewers of my fan videos know) an elevator to the engine room in there.

Here're the pics:
(sorry about the 4 Megapixel size, don't have program that can shrink them)

SUNP0003.JPG

SUNP0004.JPG

SUNP0005.JPG

SUNP0006.JPG

SUNP0007.JPG

Scarfwearer

The console's looking great!
D'you have a finish planned for the wood? Will you stain it or cover it in something?

BTW, if you're on Windows, MS Paint (on the Accessories menu) will resize pictures: go to the Image menu, choose Stetch/Skew and enter a percentage. 25% to 30% would be about right for the images you put up.

Crispin

type_1012_tardis

Mar 29, 2010, 05:04 pm #20 Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010, 05:09 pm by type_1012_tardis
Thanks for the tip!

Anyways, I was planning to leave the wood (mostly) as it is.  I'm trying to create a cross between the season 14 console, the 5-doctors console, the season 15 console, and the new series console.
 Most of the new series ideas are the bits-of-junk-subbing-for-controls one.
 Also, I've moved it to the basement yesterday, as my dad was getting a little annoyed by the nearly 5-foot (corner to corner) wide console chewing up the corner of the living room.
 Also, nothing is completely certain for layout, but I do have  rough idea (and need alot more control supplies).

* EDIT *  Hey! I've just noticed that I've been promoted from time traveler to gallifreyan! Thanks! *

Scarfwearer

Quote from: type_1012_tardis on Mar 29, 2010, 05:04 pm
* EDIT *  Hey! I've just noticed that I've been promoted from time traveler to gallifreyan! Thanks! *

The 'promotion' is automatic with your post count.

Crispin

type_1012_tardis

Ah.  Thanks anyway.  Never would have been able to start without the help of your wondrous site, as well as this site.  Anyways, planning to get up some pics of it in the basement soon, and should probably be getting to bed soon (12:11 AM here in eastern US).

type_1012_tardis

Apr 03, 2010, 11:36 pm #23 Last Edit: Apr 04, 2010, 01:31 am by type_1012_tardis
Just watched eleventh doctor episode on youtube.  Pretty good.

* EDIT *  sorry, eleventh HOUR episode, keep mistyping that for some reason. * 1.29.58
* EDIT 2 * it will definitely add some ideas for my console, given some time and some more episodes *

type55tardis

Quote from: type_1012_tardis on Mar 15, 2010, 06:53 pm
 K, got some more updates today (sry, no pics yet  :'()
 4 of the six panel edge riser thingys (between the base and panels) are now in place (in one day too!), as well as one of the five panels (a tiny desk will fill in the 6th space).
 Anyways, at this rate, I may actually be finished with the wooden parts before the CAD room is demo'd next weekend!
 Also planning to start remixing the type 40 sound FX soon (can't today, need to work on B-day list  :'()

I'll keep you posted (Oh cr*p... I just remembered that I have nowhere to put this... $@#%)

*EDIT* I just noticed... I'm the only builder in New York State (US) who's on the map... wow...  then there's the fact that I'm not even 16 yet... (will be 15 in April). *
Why not go on my yahoo site Tardis sounds in the links section theres loads of variations of the tardis sound there , By the way the consoles coming on well !!
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

type_1012_tardis

Quote from: type55tardis on Apr 05, 2010, 05:01 am
Why not go on my yahoo site Tardis sounds in the links section theres loads of variations of the tardis sound there , By the way the consoles coming on well !!

Thanks!
As for the sounds, I have been to your yahoo page, and am currently remixing some of your effects, as well as some from the show to make some of my own, personalized effects.

type_1012_tardis

Apr 14, 2010, 10:41 pm #26 Last Edit: Apr 14, 2010, 10:49 pm by type_1012_tardis
Ok, so, I know I said that I'd do this awhile ago, but I finally have some updates for my console!  (mostly just it in it's temporary home for the next few years, with a few touches)

*1* photos no upload right  *

* EDIT * pictures uploaded funny.  they didn't convert from the html 'insert' code.  attempt fix* 10:47:57
[attachid]SUNP0008.JPG[/attachid]
[attachid]SUNP0009.JPG[/attachid]
[attachid]SUNP0010.JPG[/attachid]
[attachid]SUNP0011.JPG[/attachid]
[attachid]SUNP0012.JPG[/attachid]
[attachid]SUNP0013.JPG[/attachid]
[attachid]SUNP0014.JPG[/attachid]

*EDIT 2 * still not working.  I'll repost them from a different computer over the weekend *

type_1012_tardis

Apr 19, 2010, 09:14 pm #27 Last Edit: Apr 19, 2010, 09:15 pm by type_1012_tardis
Photos didn't upload correctly last try.  My netbook seems to be having alot of issues lately.  Luckily, I just bought my new macbook pro 13'' yesterday.
Back on topic:
[FAIL.  Apparently my files are too large.  Posting this as a comment rather that an update.  Also switched my last post from update to comment.]

DoctorWho8

Uses Photobucket or Imageshack to host your photos if yo do not know how to resize them on your end.  Once you get the Macbook Pro, you'll have iPhoto that will help you alot.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

type_1012_tardis

Oh yeah... iPhoto...
um... how the f@#$ did I forget about iPhoto???