1:6 season 15 Tardis Console (Fourth Doctor)

Started by who.collector, Dec 26, 2021, 05:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

who.collector

Thank you everyone!

Quote from: redfern on Sep 21, 2022, 12:09 pmFunny enough, what caught my eye was the brushed metal trim surrounding the edge of the stations.  That really suggests it's considerably larger than it actually is.

It's interesting you should say that, I was originally just going to paint it silver but the aluminum does add a lot of scale to it doesn't it. Just made from styrene sheet covered in aluminum tape.
"Every great decision creates ripples, like a boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound in unforeseeable ways. The heavier the decision, the larger the waves, the more uncertain the consequences" - Seventh Doctor

who.collector

Quote from: Andrew Harvey on Sep 21, 2022, 04:51 pmAwesome and well worth waiting to finally see! Beautiful piece of model-making! Arg! Those nostalgia burst have started again! I love the removable panel with the internal details. Do those wires actually do anything? ( lights etc?)

I want one!

Andrew

Haha, the removable panel is a fun idea. Figured it adds a "Playability" feature to the console, and those wires don't actually do anything, purely visual. I had been watching an Adam Savage video on greebling and decided to have a go myself.

And you can have one for the right amount of money ;)
"Every great decision creates ripples, like a boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound in unforeseeable ways. The heavier the decision, the larger the waves, the more uncertain the consequences" - Seventh Doctor

Andrew Harvey

I have a console scratch built to no particular plan which has similar insides. (see my early post on pictures with models and paintshop effects- its around here somewhere!) It's in dire need of renovation at present and will be one of my next projects. (It got badly damaged in storage last winter whilst I was homeless!) I thought I might tidy it up a bit and give it some LED's. Another one Ive built which survived the storage facility on Voga 6 is very much like the Season 15 job you have done, although it has lights, they are all blue as that was all I could lay my hands on at the time when I built it. It too is due to be taken apart and given an update, and it too has removable panels and other parts which swing open to show the inner workings of the thing.
  Miniatures of this kind just beg to have removable bits. Yes- much more 'playable' with!
  Of course, as much as I think your model is wonderful, it is in a much larger scale than the ones I have been building, so if I were to commission one from you, then I would have to go all out and do a whole pile of Dr. Who stuff in 1/6th! No room at this Inn! I tend to work in 1/17th for the big ones I make, and 1/48th, 1/35th and 1/24th for all the dinky ones. Saves a LOT of room! Thanks anyway!
  All the best
   Andrew