May 19, 2024, 01:34 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

hi everyone, thought id share my tardis project

Started by martin_uk, Nov 07, 2013, 06:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

martin_uk

Nov 07, 2013, 06:10 pm Last Edit: Mar 03, 2018, 08:42 pm by Scarfwearer
hey everyone, this is my first post.For ages ive been wanting a shed in my back garden and im also a huge doctor who fan. I really wanted to build a tardis, but i needed something bigger on the inside... so here is my compromise..

started by adding some framework to the doors and just painting the tardis on .. but looked abit dull .

IMG_1151.jpg

so then i painted the background lighter. added handles and the door lock.. but still i wasnt happy..

IMG_1154.jpg

then i had the police box sign made up and made a light box for it to go into using strips of LEDs

IMG_1208.jpg
IMG_1212.jpg

now i was getting there...

IMG_1223.jpg

Finally i needed a lantern for the top which came in the guise of a tealight lantern which i put in more LEDs and wrapped opaque plastic sheet around to diffuse the light

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

Its  all powered by a 12volt motorbike battery  which in turn is charged by a 40watt solar panel  on the roof. this also gives enough power for 12volt internal  lights.

I hope you enjoyed checking out my pictures.  I have my very own tardis that all my neighbours love and best of all it is bigger on the inside!... kinda...

galacticprobe

Nov 07, 2013, 11:20 pm #1 Last Edit: Nov 07, 2013, 11:20 pm by galacticprobe
Now that does look very cool!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

mechanoid

Hi Martin,

Welcome aboard. Lovely seeing how this evolved! Great result!

Regards
Graham

therailwayman

Brilliant!

Thank you for sharing, and welcome to the group!

Senseidale

Now that I do like great stuff and welcome to  the group
Dale
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

darth_baldrick

That looks great, well done.

At least you know you'll never run out of space to put all your garden stuff in there!  ;D