News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Flux Prop SPOILERS

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Dec 07, 2021, 06:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Hordriss

I'm going to do the watch.

This will be a short build.

I'm starting with the watch in the pic. I've gone with silver because I prefer it and also because the only watches I could find with an image frame on the case were a very yellow gold colour.

I've worked with these watches before and with a little persuasion the original image should pop out no trouble.

My friend with the laser etched is going to do an insert for the front of the case using 2 layer acrylic - metallic silver and black. This is another reason for going with a silver watch because it will be easier to match the acrylic to than the very, very yellow gold colour.

Updates will follow in a few days. Wish me luck.

Screenshot_20211207-061439_eBay.jpg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Cardinal Hordriss

I've removed the picture and using my demel and some sand paper I've flattened the dome underneath it.

Sorry for the poor lightning.

20211208_202332.jpg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Cardinal Hordriss

So... after all that work the actual watch has been identified.

I've managed to get one in silver, I prefer it to the gold and I won't be respraying it as the paint will wear off through use and end up looking awful.

Cardinal Hordriss

The discs have come our really well. So many choices...

received_446354423537026.jpeg

Volpone

My vote is for the fine-line gold one (but yes, they're all nice). 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Cardinal Hordriss

Quote from: Volpone on Dec 17, 2021, 02:14 pmMy vote is for the fine-line gold one (but yes, they're all nice). 

They haven't arrived yet but I think that's my favourite too... and I've found and bought one of the original watches... again.

Cardinal Hordriss

Well, here's the Mark I.

20211220_125946.jpg

20211220_130002.jpg

I wish I could use the same discs on the Sekonda watch but even with the glass removed the lid isn't flat enough.

Incidentally; I was able to pop the glass out in one piece with a fair bit of force. For safety I used a little tool made of lego to avoid possibility being injured by broken glass.

20211220_121911.jpg

Cardinal Hordriss

It took some work but it's done. Unfortunately it's so shiny that it was hard to get good pics.

20211220_203533.jpg

20211220_203513.jpg

Volpone

It's funny, when you see props like the comm badges from Star Trek: TNG and you expect them to be all shiny but they're actually quite dull because otherwise they'd be a pain in the butt to shoot.  Cosplay costumes and props often look nicer IRL than the actual screen-used stuff. 

That said, yours turned out quite nice and I think the photos did too.

"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

russellsuthern

That watch looks superb!!

Well done.

Russell

Cardinal Hordriss

Thanks peeps.

I meant to take a sideways on pic to show the disc is the right thickness but you'll just have to take my word for it lol.