May 15, 2024, 07:11 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Looking for advice on making a VERY CHEAP tardis console

Started by MacktheTardisGuy, Aug 21, 2020, 02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MacktheTardisGuy

The prototype will be just a blank console, half sized, and no paint or anything just to get the feel of the design

russellsuthern

I'm with you....

Hardboard is a great material, too!!

Russ

redfern

I wonder if anybody has employed the "trick" Kutan used for his stained oak "cabinet", using a mirror to depict the back half of a console?  Or, in a case like the "Five Doctors" console, use two mirrors at 120 degrees and two panel sections that are repeated in the multiple reflections?

Sincerely,

Bill

MacktheTardisGuy

I remember seeing a guy make a half sized Tennant console with 3 panels and half a rotor, then putting it against a mirror and putting some details like the wall pattern and the police box, for his son to play with in his workshop. Other than that no.

MacktheTardisGuy

Quote from: russellsuthern on Mar 19, 2021, 02:38 pmI'm with you....

Hardboard is a great material, too!!

Russ

Yeah, I think making a prototype is best as the console I'm making is a very, angly one.

MacktheTardisGuy

I've never seen anyone make an 11th doctor console, in their first era. And I've been through every console build diary thread and every workshop thread.

russellsuthern

I think you're right...
I don't remember seeing one either...

Russell

MacktheTardisGuy

I've seen one person start out as making one, but soon change to their own design. I believe it was dw2012, not sure though.

MacktheTardisGuy

Changed my mind on the console I am going to replicate. I have just finished the doctor who movie. And guess what, my favourite console had changed. And so had my mind.

MacktheTardisGuy

elkad

alextheyellowthing

a part of me would just advise you to with anything you could get your hands on. If you're looking for screen acuratie, i'm affraid you'll either have to reproduce pieces your self, the way to go cheap is usualy to take time to do as much as you can

MacktheTardisGuy

Quote from: alextheyellowthing on Mar 22, 2021, 02:01 pma part of me would just advise you to with anything you could get your hands on. If you're looking for screen acuratie, i'm affraid you'll either have to reproduce pieces your self, the way to go cheap is usualy to take time to do as much as you can

I am looking for it to be the part as I want to use the console I will build for a fanfilm. But yes most if not everything will be made by myself. I don't intend for anything accurate to the movie to be on it. but I'll do my best

MacktheTardisGuy

Is there any information on what was used to make the console itself? The movie one? Or does anybody know? Like what did they use to get the colour of the panels, was it a stain or a regular paint? Or a varnish?

MacktheTardisGuy

Has anyone on here made a build diary on making a Capaldi console? I can't seem to find any.