Mar 29, 2024, 03:18 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Ideas (past & present)

Started by δ³Σx², Apr 22, 2015, 01:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

δ³Σx²

Update

Though that the images are the same, they are slightly different modes of lighting.
consolelighting.jpg
consolelighting2.jpg
consolelighting3.jpg
Dum inter homines, sumus colamus humanitatem. Cum tacent clament.

δ³Σx²

Just playing around with the rendering for the console on the new interior
consoleandstairs.jpg
console.jpg

δ³Σx²

Update
Had a go a trying to showing the stages of the lighting coming on at the ceiling of the TARDIS.
Hope you all have a happy New Year  :)

toplighting.jpg
toplighting2.jpg
toplighting3.jpg
toplighting4.jpg
toplighting5.jpg

δ³Σx²

δ³Σx²

New Design

Had a new idea come in my head, so I decided to get it designed out as quickly as I could. Here are a few renders that I have been messing round with.
Let me know what you guys think.

testrender.jpg
testrender2.jpg
testrender3.jpg
testrender4.jpg
testrender5.jpg
testrender6.jpg
testrender7.jpg
testrender8.jpg
testrender9.jpg
testrender10.jpg

galacticprobe

Feb 28, 2016, 06:22 am #50 Last Edit: Feb 28, 2016, 06:23 am by galacticprobe
Those images look like they could be concept art for the next version of the console room. Personally, color-wise I like the first full-color one, with the orange lights in the console plinth and the overhead ring. If I was going to make a room like this, one thing I would do is switch the lighting of the hexagonal "roundels" (hexels?) on the walls: make the inner hexagons light up - not too brightly - but enough to give a little more light to the room and also give it a more Classic Series feel, while still keeping the spirit if the New Series in there with the console lights, large overhead roundel lights, and visible Police Box doors for the main entry.

But as I say, that's just me. What you've got so far really does look like someone's concept art. (Who knows? Maybe someone from the BBC Arts Department will pull inspiration from this one day, like Moffat did with that fan vid on YouTube for the Capaldi opening title graphics. And they could pull ideas from anyone's console room renders, and mix and match for the next version. Stranger things have happened.)

Everything looks just great so far. Keep going! I want to see how you finish this room.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

δ³Σx²

UPDATE

A little update with some slight changes to the room.

testrender11.jpg
testrender12.jpg
testrender13.jpg
testrender14.jpg
testrender15.jpg

galacticprobe

Mar 01, 2016, 06:43 am #52 Last Edit: Mar 01, 2016, 06:44 am by galacticprobe
Nice added touches, especially with those lights in the floor and that doorway leading deeper to the interior! Very nice. My personal favorite for the hexel light FX: the first one, where they're a little more yellowish. It reminds me of the last vestiges of the Classic console room (late 7th Doctor before Season 26's ending) as well as the early 2005 console room hexels; so they're a nice bridge between old and new like that.

And your central column looks very intriguing. I can't wait to see what you do next!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

δ³Σx²

δ³Σx²

galacticprobe

Mar 02, 2016, 06:50 am #55 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2016, 06:54 am by galacticprobe
This is coming alone great! I think my favorite image so far is this one:

Quote from: δ³Σx² on Mar 01, 2016, 07:34 pm
testrender22.jpg

It's a little brighter so you can see more of the console and the detail on the walls. I also like how you've added yet another doorway leading out of the console room so you've got one on each side of the main entry doors. Again, just personal preference, but I liked seeing the hexels on the walls a little brighter yellowish; it helps break up all of the deep orange of the console plinth and the overhead "light ring".

Brilliant work!

Dino.

δ³Σx²

UPDATE

Starting to think the basics of the console panels now.

testrender25.jpg

galacticprobe

Mar 02, 2016, 07:45 am #57 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2016, 07:45 am by galacticprobe
Keep thinking, dude! Your ideas are great! I like how those controls are already starting to look!

Dino.