May 18, 2024, 04:48 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Two Consoles, Daleks, and Jon Pertwee

Started by warmcanofcoke, Nov 01, 2011, 01:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

Nov 01, 2011, 01:14 pm Last Edit: Nov 01, 2011, 01:18 pm by warmcanofcoke
Tardis Sighting! Dalek Sighting! Doctor Sighting!
Vodafone v Daleks Roadshow Part 2 on youtube.

The Consoles are a bit basic but it shows that a lot can be done with lighting.

This hurts my soul but I had to keep watching

Description from youtube: Vodafone v Daleks RoadShow Part 2
I was seconded to Vodafone at the time to work on the production of two Roadshow events held in December 1991, as I had personal contacts within BBC Enterprises to source copyrights and the props used. I was also responsible for the set design, concept and its supply. Along with the actual scripting of the links used by the late Jon Pertwee (Doctor Who), including the voice-overs for the Daleks and Cybermen who also appeared.
Unfortunately, when I received a complimentary copy of the video produced at the Wembley Conference venue, the last part of the event recorded had sadly been erased, and was missing from the copy of the video presented to me and I never got the chance to ask for complete copy.
The two YouTube videos represent the linking sketches between the actual technical conference held for the delegates as they should have been produced for the video. All the video extracts received copyright permission for both Roadshow events held at Wembley and Manchester, along with the use of the Dalek and Cybermen characters.
Do you know of missing last section that was produced? It contains further links with Jon Pertwee the daleks and including appearances of the Cybermen and Timelords

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sy7HJcW-BGA"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://youtu.be/Sy7HJcW-BGA
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Rassilons Rod

Haha, I bet they didn't get permission from the BBC :D

It is quite awful though, isn't it? Quite hard to follow with all the in jokes. What I've always hated is that the company in question never ran their name through a spell checker :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

DoctorWho8

Nov 03, 2011, 05:18 am #2 Last Edit: Aug 09, 2012, 09:24 pm by Scarfwearer
I wonder where that TARDIS exterior came from and why it's in the interior?  Time/Space again?
Picture 1.png
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Rassilons Rod

It looks like a modern exterior painted with classic DAPOL colours :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.