Mar 29, 2024, 05:43 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

[Spoilers] Confession Dial

Started by The14thDr, Oct 01, 2015, 03:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The14thDr

Oct 01, 2015, 03:24 pm Last Edit: Oct 06, 2015, 06:06 pm by deck5
After seeing the first episode of Series 9, I knew I had to build myself a confession dial. I started by taking a high-res photo from the forum's reference thread.

Using the BBC's concept art for the main dimensions I built up the dial from cereal box card. Then, I paper-machéd the prop using textured kitchen roll to give the impression of a Gallifreyan alloy.
The circular Gallifreyan was drawn on with a compass, a ruler and a black ballpoint pen. The two thicker circles were done using a black marker pen.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

The14thDr

Does anyone know how to spoiler-tag a topic? I'm working on another prop from series 9 but I don't want to create a thread until I know how to "Spoiler" it.

Rassilons Rod

It's under "Additional Options" underneath the text box, and below the add pictures section.
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

The14thDr

Oct 06, 2015, 05:57 pm #3 Last Edit: Oct 06, 2015, 05:57 pm by The14thDr
I tried that but there was no option to spoiler the topic; only to lock the thread completely. ???

russellsuthern

Wow! ANOTHER Confession Dial already!
You guys must have a lot to confess....
Seriously, a very nice little build.

All the best,

Russell

galacticprobe

Oct 08, 2015, 07:10 am #5 Last Edit: Oct 08, 2015, 07:11 am by galacticprobe
Both this one and BioDoctor900's look equally as great. This one looks like it's "pitted brass" that was mentioned in the concept art notes. Partially open, whereas BioDoc's is closed. (Be careful, 14th; someone might find out what you've confessed! ;))

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"