Mooncrest Models 1:6 Hartnell TARDIS Console Build

Started by deck5, Jul 19, 2016, 11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fivefingeredstyre

Jul 24, 2016, 08:54 am #45 Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 08:56 am by fivefingeredstyre
Blimey! you're not hanging around with this one!

I've been working at mine, on and off, for the last eight months and i'm nowhere near as finished as you are...  :-[ :-[ :-[

Yours is looking fantastic I must say, the addition of the fluorescents is a great idea that I might pinch for mine....  ;D

deck5

Quote from: galacticprobe on Jul 24, 2016, 08:50 am
You're really making great progress on this, Neal! I love those fluorescent tubes you added to the column. Too bad about losing that little light for the panel, though. It's small enough that, if you can't find it and pop it on, if you want to make one you could take a mould of one of the others.

Thanks!  I considered that -- but the colour of the result wouldn't match the original plastic, so I'd have to paint the white area to match.  And these things are very small.  Plus, I like the orange one. :)

deck5

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Jul 24, 2016, 08:54 am
Yours is looking fantastic I must say, the addition of the fluorescents is a great idea that I might pinch for mine....  ;D

Thanks!  By all means!  Each of the ones I made are a glass capillary tube filled with yellow paint, inside a ballpoint pen refill sanded with fine grit paper to make it cloudy.  The metal ends are short cylinders cut from a thin section of a radio antenna, with a blue wire affixed in the bottom cylinder.

ritchie409

Quote from: deck5 on Jul 24, 2016, 04:43 am
My addition to the kit -- three fluorescent bulbs in the rotor.  I made these from ballpoint pen refills, thin glass tubes, yellow paint, and bits of an old radio antenna.

R0042432.jpg

I'll be getting one of these kits soon hopefully for a project, and I'm curious as to the length of your modified tubes as I've found a company that make working miniature fluorescent tubes