May 19, 2024, 02:28 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Original Console Control Panels

Started by tony farrell, Dec 14, 2014, 09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tony farrell

Hi,

You should find everything you need here: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4825.0

This is the 'summary' thread and is only three pages long.

T

TheMasterRichman

Oh! i see now, i didn't know that, thanks Tony for that, i'll try the link and see if i can find the ping pong lights.

- Rich.
Barbara: Doctor, the trembling stopped, The Doctor: Oh, my dear! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Barbara: No! Not me! The ship! The Doctor: Oh, the... Oh, my! I'm so sorry...

tony farrell

They're about half way down page three!

Most people seem to miss this 'summary thread'. Perhaps it's in the wrong place. I'll ask Marc if he thinks it should be moved to a slightly more prominent position.

T

Rassilons Rod

I'll have a think.

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Jul 13, 2016, 04:08 pm
They're about half way down page three!

Most people seem to miss this 'summary thread'. Perhaps it's in the wrong place. I'll ask Marc if he thinks it should be moved to a slightly more prominent position.

T
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

TheMasterRichman

Ha, I've found the ping pong lights now I need to go and make a paper print before I start building, Thx Tony I know I've stayed before you have done an amazing piece of work, the mk1 TARDIS unit is my favourite, if the tom baker console no hope. Just saying you are making the sharp console will you do the console not just the column?  ;D.                               

- Rich
Barbara: Doctor, the trembling stopped, The Doctor: Oh, my dear! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Barbara: No! Not me! The ship! The Doctor: Oh, the... Oh, my! I'm so sorry...

tony farrell

Hi Rich (I may call you Rich, mayn't I?),

As we've said in the "Really Sharp Console" thread, the intention is to make two complete Pertwee Consoles which will be identical twins - one for me and one for my mate Steve.

Mine will reside in Lancashire where I live and Steve's will be in Hampshire (where he lives). But, since they're both Consoles, after they're built, maybe the 'twins' will one day meet up - stranger things have happened. Now that would be something you won't see every day!!

In the words of The Doctor "Time will tell, it always does"!

T

Dalex

While we're on the subject I noticed that "The original Tardis interior blue-prints" article is missing details on several controls, such as the Tertiary levers:

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=5884.msg78938#msg78938

and the Ancillary control:

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=5884.msg79272#msg79272

So the original 41-page thread is still a valuable resource for anyone wanting to build their own console.

By the way, a big THANK YOU to Tony and everyone else involved in creating this amazing reference guide!  It has really inspired me to build my own console someday, when I have the the time and space!

Cheers,
Alex
Dalex

tony farrell

Well, I'm bound to have forgotten something! I'll add them to the main article!

Thanks

T

galacticprobe

Jul 17, 2016, 06:32 am #608 Last Edit: Jul 17, 2016, 06:32 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Dalex on Jul 16, 2016, 04:17 pm
...when I have the the time and space!

Oooh, Alex; have you any idea what you've done there? Super pun! (And if you didn't realize that you did it, it makes it even better! ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

TheMasterRichman

Yes you may call me Rich,

so i was thinking that, because you finished the console panels that you should make a first doctor console manual of what all the switches do.

eg/

6th panel, no 4 switch = main doors

and

1st panel, no 2 switch = scanner

or do you think i should do it?   ???

tony farrell

Jul 17, 2016, 12:51 pm #610 Last Edit: Jul 17, 2016, 01:00 pm by Tony Farrell
Quote from: richman695 on Jul 17, 2016, 12:40 pm
Yes you may call me Rich,
so i was thinking that, because you finished the console panels that you should make a first doctor console manual of what all the switches do.
eg/
6th panel, no 4 switch = main doors
and
1st panel, no 2 switch = scanner
or do you think i should do it?   ???

Hi Rich,

That's a nice thought but it would need its own topic rather than adding either to this one or the 'summary thread'.

My interest is in presenting screen-accurate plans which people can then refer to if they so wish. The 'fictional' aspects don't interest me to the same extent (though in practical terms, it is possible - in part - to identify which switch actually activated which lamp).

If you want to present us with your own 'fictional' operation of the Tardis' controls (as they did in DWM), then 'go for it'!  :)

T

TheMasterRichman

Yes yes yes, ill go for it, i'll get my plans ready, it will properly take me about a month but it will be worth it

8) ;D

- Rich

TheMasterRichman

Hay mate, I have seen some updates on other people bored's, not on here, so could you, if you have, put all the updates that you have done on here, thanks  ;D

- Rich

PS: I just need them for when I build my 1st doctors console.  ;D

tony farrell

Sorry Rich, I'm not quite clear which updates you're referring to. Apart from the 'ancillary switch' and 'handle levers', you should have everything you need here: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4825.0

Or wasn't your last post directed at me?  :)

T

TheMasterRichman

The panels of the console, like the one you posted on 'An Adventure in Space and Time Console Room'

Panel 4.png

- Rich