May 19, 2024, 02:28 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Original Sound FX

Started by rob49152, Dec 06, 2011, 07:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rob49152

Hi everyone. While I was working on the DVDs I managed to collect the high quality versions of many (I mean MANY) of the original TARDIS SFX Library that were re-mastered from the original clean sources. Many of these SFX have never been released anywhere before so you'll want to DL these.

The archive is pretty big (115megs) because they are in the original .aiff format still. I'll put the file up for a while then take it down (in a week = Dec 15th 2011)  as I don't need bandwidth charges out the wazoo!! :)

If somebody knows of a good permanent location to host these files (Maybe even convert to some lossy audio format) please do so and post a link in this topic.

here is a link to the file
http://www.interocitor-media.com/TARDIS_SFX.rar

Enjoy!

galacticprobe

Dec 06, 2011, 07:41 am #1 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2011, 07:42 am by galacticprobe
I'd love to see these in mp3 or WAV formats. (My computers don't seem to like the aiffs, and they really don't like RARs.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

kiwidoc

Thank you very much for sharing - I'm going to grab a copy now and really appreciate you going to the trouble.

-Glen

meantimebob

I'll second the plea for wav files or mp3s. I have no idea what to do with that other format.

Rassilons Rod

Dec 06, 2011, 01:25 pm #4 Last Edit: Dec 06, 2011, 01:26 pm by rassilonsrod
Awesome, cheers Rob :)

And btw guys, they work in VLC player. I use VLC exclusively, because it has all the codecs built in :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

too_many_cars

These are fantastic!

What I wouldn't have given to have these three months ago when I was rushing to get a "Ride tones" device loaded with sounds for the McGann console before the company went out of business.  (We ended up filling the 16 slots with theme music, McGann quotes, and sound effects from the commercially available BBC CD instead)

I guess I'll have to put some of these on an ipod on random and hide it somewhere near the console when we display it.  I love all of the switches especially.

--Brian

meantimebob

I'm obviously very stupid or something. I can't get them to work in VLC.

rob49152

I know that windows media player plays .aiff and so does quicktime.

policeboxnut

I must be doing something wrong because I can't get them to work in VLC Player.

Help?
'It's only significant if you find significance insignificant' - Slipback

meantimebob

Aha! Finally worked out what I was doing wrong. These sounds are amazing! Thank you so much!

galacticprobe

Dec 08, 2011, 06:51 am #10 Last Edit: Dec 08, 2011, 06:52 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: rob49152 on Dec 07, 2011, 07:52 pm
I know that windows media player plays .aiff and so does quicktime.

I've recently upgraded my WMV and Quicktime, however I still have a problem with none of my computers liking RARs. Is there another way you could upload them, say as a zip?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

DoctorWho8

This is mecca.  Thank you!  Now if you can find some older TARDIS sounds from the 60's & 70's. ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

robhowdle

I can have a go at converting these? I'm a media/music technology student so I might have a go at converting them

Rob
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor

rustymetaldog

These are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou Rob, these are simply the HOLY GRAIL of the Tardis fan! I have wanted these my whole life!!!

Thanks so much for sharing, they are great files, in great quality.

Did I say "Thanks" yet?  ;)
Build high for happiness :)

riftmaster

How awesome can one man get???????

Thankyou Rob!

- Dan