May 16, 2024, 09:08 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

3D Printed Dalek Saucer

Started by Cardinal Hordriss, Feb 04, 2021, 08:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Hordriss

Feb 04, 2021, 08:22 pm Last Edit: Feb 06, 2021, 02:13 pm by Volpone
Finally found a passable Dalek ship on Shapeways other than that really expensive one of the remastered saucers from Invasion Earth.

Anywho... no weathering yet but...

20210204_201829.jpg
20210204_201819.jpg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

Cardinal Hordriss

Erm... help. What happened?
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Feb 04, 2021, 08:23 pmErm... help. What happened?

Some pictures where not inserted i think. On the socer, gg, i love it^^

Davros Skaro

Do you have a link to it if possible please?
Would love to get one if reasonably priced.
What other parts go with it as I see there are holes for something on the bottom?
Chris.

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: Davros Skaro on Feb 06, 2021, 12:06 amDo you have a link to it if possible please?
Would love to get one if reasonably priced.
What other parts go with it as I see there are holes for something on the bottom?

This is à 3d print of à model found on shapeways.

russellsuthern

Looks great.
I'll have mine with fries & a 'shake.

Cheers,

Russell

Volpone

Quote from: Cardinal Hordriss on Feb 04, 2021, 08:23 pmErm... help. What happened?
Well I screwed it up royally.  Apologies. 
You attached the pictures twice and inserted them once.  So the set you inserted appeared normally and the attached set appeared as greyed-out "ghosts."  So I went in to delete out the ghost images but I deleted out the wrong batch and the software isn't smart enough to use insert the non-deleted attachment--even though it has the same name.  It also wouldn't let me un-delete anything; there was no way to use preview to see if I'd done it right. 

If I'd been thinking, I'd have just deleted the bad [insert statements] and inserted the good ones but instead I managed to delete some of the good attachments.  Again, apologies.  Please do upload them again. 

[Grr...even trying to explain the process this new software uses to upload images is frustrating.]
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

alextheyellowthing

Quote from: Volpone on Feb 06, 2021, 02:17 pm
Well I screwed it up royally.  Apologies. 
You attached the pictures twice and inserted them once.  So the set you inserted appeared normally and the attached set appeared as greyed-out "ghosts."  So I went in to delete out the ghost images but I deleted out the wrong batch and the software isn't smart enough to use insert the non-deleted attachment--even though it has the same name.  It also wouldn't let me un-delete anything; there was no way to use preview to see if I'd done it right. 

If I'd been thinking, I'd have just deleted the bad [insert statements] and inserted the good ones but instead I managed to delete some of the good attachments.  Again, apologies.  Please do upload them again. 

[Grr...even trying to explain the process this new software uses to upload images is frustrating.]

I'd rather see someone messing up trying then the forum going gost town personnally, chears to you mate^^

Cardinal Hordriss

Thank you for trying. There was a glitch on my phone while I was posting that I think contributed to the cock up.

This is the model in question-

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZQDNW7SSW/5-quot-diameter-turret-scout-saucer-kit?optionId=63950989&li=ostatus

Volpone

Sounds about right.  Even on the laptop I'll run into that, where it looks like it stalled or didn't load so you retry and realize now you've got 2 copies.  FYI I did know a thing or two about HTML programming, back in the day, which was why I wasn't worried about which version was "inserted."  In basic HTML, you have a file that has images.  Then the code calls for an image by name.  As long there is a file with that name, it uses it.  That said, as I type this, I realize the software must've stuck a hidden "(2)" on the duplicates.  Otherwise it would've overwritten the first upload--getting rid of the initial bug in the first place.  :)  Thanks for your patience.  And my nerdy rambling. I hope you upload the pics again.  I'll have to think about saving copies of anything locally before doing any editing, but given what they pay us...;)
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Cardinal Hordriss

Feb 07, 2021, 09:56 pm #10 Last Edit: Feb 07, 2021, 10:09 pm by Cardinal Hordriss
These are the 3 missing pics. The model does come with boarding ramps but they are stepped so not very Dalek like and make the saucer look much too small.

20210204_201903.jpg

20210204_201850.jpg

20210204_201839.jpg