May 16, 2024, 05:37 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

South Shields Box

Started by domvar, Mar 04, 2012, 08:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

1939 by Miss Amy Flagg Think Moody's corner Victoria Terrace, with Fowler Street

south sheilds 1939 by Miss Amy Flagg Think Moody's corner Victoria Terrace, with Fowler Street.jpg

The River Tyne Police premises at Mill Dam in the 1930s, Dalton's Lane

South sheilds The River Tyne Police premises at Mill Dam in the 1930s, Dalton's Lane.jpg

Late 1930s by Miss Amy Flagg Looking up the top end of Mile End Road, with St Stephen's Church on the right

south shields Late 1930s by Miss Amy Flagg Looking up the top end of Mile End Road, with St Stephen's Church on the right.jpg

Marsden bank
South sheilds Marsden bank.jpg

Market place
South sheilds Market place.jpg

August 1936 A tram parked outside the Town Hall headed for Tyne Dock via Westoe

South sheilds August 1936 A tram parked outside the Town Hall headed for Tyne Dock via Westoe.jpg

edge of West ParK

south sheilds edge of West Park.jpg

Mosque on Cuthbert Street

South Sheilds old Arab Mosque on Cuthbert Street.jpg

Market Place. 1960s

south sheilds Market Place. 1960s.jpg

Grey Hen pub in 1957

Grey Hen pub in 1957.jpg

Crossgate in the mid 1960s.

Crossgate in the mid 1960s.jpg
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

kutan66

They look located in some bleak places!

mikey

It can be a bit grim up north in some places. The countryside is beautiful though.
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

mikey

I always thought these boxes were made from wood but clearly they are cast concrete.

C0081B0D-7FD8-40E0-B9DC-C97A910F78EC.jpeg